AOL members and forum clean up

Please Read. Everyone is welcome.
jcollins
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Baltimore

Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:32 pm

Some new members have mentioned that they are not receiving the activation email when they open an account. This is because AOL has decided albinowners.com is a spam domain. This is usually caused by spammers spoofing our domain name. Everytime I contact AOL to resolve this issue it takes days to get it straightened out and the "fix" is only good for a couple of weeks. Then it starts all over again. Rather than waste time with AOL when I see a new member awaiting activation I'll manually activate the account.
If you are awaiting activation you can always send an email to jcollins @ albinowners.com to remind me.

I cleaned up some of the postings in the General forum today. No posts were removed. They have been moved to other, more appropriate forums.

Thank you for your continued support of Albin Owners Group!

jcollins
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Baltimore

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:17 am

I gave up on AOHell email years ago. For whatever reason, the internet gods at AOL, decided that AOG is a spam site.
If your an AOHell user here is something you can try. This was submitted by one of our members.

John----I just finished editing my mail AOL mail settings, and here is what I learned---feel free to pass this info on as you see fit:

Go to the "Keyword" tab at the top of the screen...this is on the AOL Toolbar, and click it

Type in "mail" and click on Go

This will take you to the "Mail Center"

Click on "Spam Controls"

This will take you to a form where you will be able to edit your "spam settings"....the categories include:

Spam Filter---with options of off, lo, medium, and high.

Sender Filter---with options to allow mail from "all senders", to only allow mail from "people you know" or "only other AOL users", to block mail from specific individuals, etc.
Content Filter--- to block mail containing pictures, or certain filtered words.

Blocked Mail----there are 2 options, and this is where the real problem may be----the default option is to "permanently delete all blocked mail" in which case the mail will never be seen....or the other choice is to set "deliver blocked mail to spam" as the preference (in which case people will need to at least check their 'spam folder' occasionally, which is a standard folder in their Mailbox.

Folks may need to experiment with the various settings-----I have just put my Spam Filter to Low, selected the "allow mail from all senders" option, not blocked any content, and selected the "deliver blocked mail to my spam folder" option-----again, the default choice here is to permanently delete all blocked mail, so this one needs to be changed.

I am no cyberspace/e-mail guru, but maybe these suggestions will help the AOL users in the group!

Return to “News and Guidelines”

• Information