• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

WHO'S THIS YEAR'S LEADER?

Coordinator:
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

WHO'S THIS YEAR'S LEADER?

Post by whwells »

There was talk about LaConnor for this year. Was there a Volunteer? whwells "Howard"
Mike Almvig
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Anacortes, WA

Re: WHO'S THIS YEAR'S LEADER?

Post by Mike Almvig »

Hi Mike here.

I got volunteered for working out the details of a La Conner event.

I checked with the La Conner marina and they have room for us, we just need to give them a date. The cost is $1.00 per foot for moorage. They have a small picnic area and are about 3 blocks from the main town if we get the Southern part of the Marina.

I would see if we could reserve the picnic area on Friday night for a potluck dinner. I am also checking with the Swinomish Yacht Club to see if we can lease their facility for a Saturday Night dinner and what that cost might be. The Yacht Club is at the south end of the marina.

I am also checking on caterers to see what that would cost. Any suggestions on type of food I should look for?

The dates I am currently available for this event are as follows:

June 20-22; June 27-29; July 15-17; July 22-24; August 26-28

I would prefer one of the July dates, however am open to what the group is interested in.

Mike
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by whwells »

MIKE: Happy to hear from you. You are in a fine location to have a La Connor Rendezvous. Generally, the date is set at the pre meet following the Seattle Boat Show. Dave Kircher usually sends out notice for that. Depending upon the when I will come up for the Jan. meet. It would be the first or second Friday of the show. I am committed for the first Friday at this point although if that date only works for others will have to see if my calendar can be changed. That will be difficult. Will get a note out to Dave as to what he is thinking. Dave and I acted as co-chair for the first three events. Seems to me you should have first choice on the dates.
I cannot do any of the June dates. Since some of the members use the trip coming north as a jump off time for trips to the fall north the July dates may be best. August is a bit late and with school starting early these days you may loose some participants. Suggest you put out the July dates with your preference and see what kind of response you get. If little response you should pick the date. At this point I can do either.
Since my boat is at Anacortes Marina you can count on my for help in getting things together. Will get a private note out to Dave to view you're posting. We spoke about this last month at Anacortes when he came up to help me winterize Flattery.
I am hoping to return to an Albin this year if there is a serious offer on the Sabre. Frankly, it is wonderful boat but more than I need. Never should have sold my 35te. Oh, well live a learn.
Thanks for stepping up. It would be a real shame to fail to get this wonderful group together. My garage fire kept me away last year, but there should be no more similar happenings.
Send me private message with your cell number and I will plan to call you when next in Anacortes.
whwells "Howard"
dkircher
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bremerton Yacht Club, Bremerton, WA USA

Post by dkircher »

Mike,

Thank you for stepping up to organizing this year's rendezvous as we all discussed in Kingston. I believe that a number of us will help out.

I agree with Howard that you, as organizer, have the last word on the dates. LaConner is a great venue. A potluck and catered meal is the way to go if the caterer is reasonably priced.

I will write a separate post about a boat show get together. This is not only a lot of fun, but also a good way to make decisions about the rendezvous details.
Dave
Former 28 TE Owner
joreyn
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Ludlow, WA

Post by joreyn »

Mike, let me add my thanks for your taking this on. We love LaConner.
Blue Moon
1999 36 Express Trawler
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by whwells »

joreyn: John happy to see your post. We all are excited to see Mike step up for the LaConnor meet. Will we see you and Carol at the Seattle Boat Show again thus year?
Howard
dkircher
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by dkircher »

Mike,

I noticed that the site shows the coordinator for the NW Rendezvous as TBA. Are you okay with notifying John Collins that you are the coordinator for the 2016 rendezvous?

Once again, thanks for stepping up. Please let us know how we can help out!
Dave
Former 28 TE Owner
dkircher
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by dkircher »

Mike,

I checked our calendar and we are open the dates you have proposed for the rendezvous.
Dave
Former 28 TE Owner
Mike Almvig
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Mike Almvig »

Yes, go ahead and let everyone know that I am working to coordinate this. This is something I want to do and have just completed some other projects that took my time away from this. I should be good to go at this point!

Mike
coolchange
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portland Oregon

Post by coolchange »

Hi all....2 things..actually 3

1 thanks to the planning person(s)/team for the work on the meet up

2 Jan and I plan to attend and if it matters would prefer either of the June dates (if all goes well I will be leaving for a trip North from the gathering)

3 I am going to the Boat Show on the first weekend (Sat-Monday) so I can hit some workshops only offered then...and will not be able to meet at the show

Hope everyone is having a swell winter.
1989 Albin 27 FC w/ Isuzu 157 hp, Ford 6.0 Diesel, giant trailer
6th, and most favorite boat yet
Cruising: Columbia River Portland to Bar, San Juans, Gulf Islands,
Desolation Sound, Sunshine Coast, Broughton Islands
Mike Almvig
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Mike Almvig »

Here is what I know so far.

The marina charges $1 per foot for the boats. I am pretty sure if we have an estimated number of boats AND we set a couple of dates, I can reserve both the Marina and the Yacht club. I would want to get the Southern part of the marina as the yacht club is just a short distance from the end of the southern dock. There is a small picnic area. Its OK, not as nice as we had in Kingston that we could do a potluck Friday evening. The yacht club will cost us $650 to rent and there is a damage deposit. We know some of the people who belong to the yacht club and they are considering waiving the damage deposit. We would still be on the hook for rental. Not sure yet how that is going to go.

The marina does have a list of caterers so I will start working that as well when I stop in to set dates.

La Conner shops and restaurants are about 3 blocks from the South end of the marina.

I am thinking we set a couple of dates with a 1st choice, 2nd choice etc and let me go lock down the times with the marina and yacht club.

The only other thing I would need to do is see about finding a caterer. Getting some idea as to how many boats/people will help in this area as well.

I want to be sensitive to cost. I don't know what a comfortable number would be. If we only had 30 people, just the rental on the yacht club would be $38 per person. So this could easily drift up there in cost.

Preference dates for me are July 15-17, June 27-29 in that order.

Mike
joreyn
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Ludlow, WA

Post by joreyn »

Sometimes Clubhouse rental rates are a lot lower if the party arranging the rental is a member of a reciprocal yacht club. Would you like to check on that? If it is a difference maker, I'd be happy to use my yacht clubs reciprocal privileges.
Blue Moon
1999 36 Express Trawler
Mike Almvig
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Mike Almvig »

Sure, if we can get a better rate, then that will reduce the per person cost.

Cost is a question I will have for the group this week.

I am looking at the Swinomish Yacht Club. It is just north of the marina.

Mike

Return to “6th Annual PNW Rendezvous - 2016”