• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Downeast Cruising: Horseshoe Cove/Seal Cove Boatyard

Know about or organizing a raft-up? Where, when?
Downeast
Swabby
Swabby

Downeast Cruising: Horseshoe Cove/Seal Cove Boatyard

Post by Downeast »

Albin invitation for Albins cruising Downeast. Horseshoe Cove has an easy, sheltered entrance in Penobscot Bay near Castine, Bucks Harbor, and the west side of Eggemoggin Reach. Seal Cove Boatyard has rental moorings in the outer harbor with near hurricane-proof protection. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO GO BEYOND THE OUTER HARBOR MOORING FIELD WITHOUT LOCAL KNOWLEDGE....please.

Our mooring is north of the boatyard; you're welcome to share it. I'd be glad to pilot you from the outer harbor past the boatyard into our mooring (single malt scotch offering optional- Laphroaig). The entry to Horseshoe Cove in limited visibility/fog can be tricky since there is only a R daybeacon and a small island head for piloting; if in doubt head for Bucks Harbor, or CH 9 for Seal Cove BY ( they'll give you my TEL if we're around for guiding you in).
Vox calamtis en desierto.

Return to “Meet and Greet”