• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Watch Hill, Fire Island - 4th of July Weekend

Know about or organizing a raft-up? Where, when?
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Watch Hill, Fire Island - 4th of July Weekend

Post by RobS »

I know this is early but since it's been 4 and 1/2 months since a post in this section.......TOY-RIFIC is planning to spend the 4th of July weekend at Watch Hill, Fire Island. Arrival planned for mid-week to secure a slip. That only leaves 4 months for my A/C install :shock:

Hope to see both familiar faces and new ones :!:
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Re: Watch Hill, Fire Island - 4th of July Weekend

Post by Carl »

Hey Rob, I see you might be installing A/C and was wondering if you would check out one of these units in the link below. That way when my unit goes up I will know if they work! :lol: Only down side is, no reverse cycle.

http://www.coldmarineair.com/Home.html
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RobS »

As planned, TOY-RIFIC and Doghouse spent an extended 4th of July weekend at Watch Hill Fire Island, Wed to Monday. The weather was superb. The A/C was suberb. All in all it was an excellent time. Met a couple on a 1990 32 Sportfisher named CATHERINE. Original owners of a very well kept boat. I told them all about AOG.
DSCN0488.JPG
It was a bit crowded on the day of the 4th, quite a few day trippers came in, on both anchored boats and the ferry. Can you find mhanna in this picture? :D
DSCN0491.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)

jprohan
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Bay Shore, NY

Post by jprohan »

Hey Rob, Jim Here...met you in the water on the bay side at Watch Hill, where you told me about this site. Have been enjoying it ever since. My wife, Trudy, and I own Catherine...dock at Seaborn Marina in Bay Shore. Hope to see you again; maybe have a beer and tell a few lies.
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RobS »

Hey Jim, glad you made it here to AOG. Reading your prior posts I see you are selling :(
Also, I see you are the member who had the unexpected visitors at 2AM in Annapolis. What exactly took place?
Here's a shot of your basin at Watch Hill. If you click on the image you can easily see your boat.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)

Return to “Meet and Greet”