• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Boston Legacy

Know about or organizing a raft-up? Where, when?
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Boston Legacy

Post by DougSea »

Just wanted to post a thank you to "Legacy", aka Rick.

The admiral and I have been discussing larger Albins and while I've been aboard a number of very nice 31's I wanted to consider the 35TE. Problem was I haven't been aboard one and most of the listings I'm looking at are in the Maryland area...a very long drive!

Once again, AOG to the rescue! Work had me traveling up to Boston, to my corporate HQ right next to Constitution marina. I recalled that Rick keeps Legacy there so, on Tuesday afternoon, I sent him a note through the site. He called me that evening and we swapped numbers and agreed to meet on Wednesday. I got up here, gave him a call and he very graciously met me and allowed me to crawl all over his very nice boat. He answered a whole bunch of questions and really gave me a good feeling for the 35.

The only bad thing is I REALLY want one now!! (Does anyone out there need a great, fully equipped 28??)

Rick - Thank you so much! I truly appreciate it! It was great to finally meet and it was very nice of you to take the time to show me around!

AOG members rock! :)
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Re: Boston Legacy

Post by whwells »

Legacy/Rick it is your fault. I choose the 35TE because you really love the boat. I will as well. Did not intend to jump so far at first. However, thanks for your advise privately & on line. You sold me. Now just to get my budget back in shape. Between buying, shipping & reassembling I may not recover. It will be worth it.
whwells' Howard'
2006 TE Sportfisher/Conv.
"Nibbles"

Return to “Meet and Greet”