• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

NC Rendezvous

Know about or organizing a raft-up? Where, when?
kjg1951
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oriental NC

NC Rendezvous

Post by kjg1951 »

I recieved an email about a possible change of date for the Rendezvous and possible change of location.. I would like to get some feed back on what the majority of folks would like to do Where and When ... there seems to be alot going on that weekend so maybe a change would be in order.. Thank ya'll for your feed back
Kevin G
marko
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New Bern, NC

Re: NC Rendezvous

Post by marko »

Well, it's quite in the Carolina low country. I suspect that the Belhaven location is too far north for many, especially those in South Carolina. I'm open to a restart. I think Kevin could use some feed back. It also may be that the density and spread of AOG members is just not conducive to a rendezvous in NC - SC. Thanks for working on it Kevin.
kathylsails
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kathylsails »

We're amenable to a "restart", too, although our summer is already pretty full of boating plans. November is still full of great boating weather here in the Carolinas, so we might not want to count that out!
"KP Duty" Albin 30 FC
halfmoon
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: EDENTON, NC

Post by halfmoon »

Perhaps we should consult with more experienced rendezvous organizers to see how they established a meeting date. No date will satisfy all. If we use a "one Blackball" system I'm sure we'll never have a rendezvous.
SeaJAlbin28
Mate
Mate

Post by SeaJAlbin28 »

Hi All-----we have been AWOL for a while...several serious family illnesses and hospitalizations that have had us traveling. Sorry for the late response.

The June 7th date was actually going to work for us...if we need to reschedule, Judy and I would prefer a rendevous in the cooler months (March through June, and October through early December). We would like to avoid July through the end of September, partly because of the heat but also because of the hurricanes / himacanes / tropical storms. None of us want to get caught up in one of those while traveling, but we also have coastal property that we will need to prepare and protect in the event of a storm and may not be able to get away.

We keep our boat in Oriental..we make regular trips to places like New Bern, Beaufort, and Ocracoke...all have nice facilities and are just a few blocks to good restaurants. Any of those places would work for a weekend rendevous.

Chris and Judy....aboard SeaJ
Chris and Judy,
aboard SeaJ, an Albin 28 TE
kathylsails
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kathylsails »

Chris and Judy, Sorry to hear about the family illnesses and hope things are much better now.
"KP Duty" Albin 30 FC

Return to “Meet and Greet”