• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Puget Sound deep South and Olympia

Albin Sightings! Where did you go, who did you meet?

Moderator: jcollins

sail149
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuck at home on trailer! Chesapeake bay intended....

Re: Puget Sound deep South and Olympia

Post by sail149 »

Sprig1 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:24 pm Wow Warren looks like a great trip. Don't get spoiled by that boat. Mine should be in the water by September hopefully. Stop down again if you get a chance.
Chris,
I can see why the prices stay so hi for those boats. They went to their first show with the first 26' in 1981 with a $30,000 price and got 50 orders! Same price Albin asked for our A27's in '83 but they still sell for $50-75,000. They did have trouble making them for the price I think.....
I'd love to stop down again and see how your boat.....
Warren
Warren
'84. 27AC. Lehman 4D61
sail149
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sail149 »

DesertAlbin736 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:44 pm Next time you do something like this, be sure to get up into the San Juans, and maybe Gulf Islands too.

Thanks it's looks wonderful up there. It would have been a minimum of 2 days of hard motoring each way to get to the San Jaun as the boat was in Olympia. Too much for just a 7 day cruise.
The south sound is clearly not as amazing but still worth it I feel and it was really quite quiet most of the time despite the dire predictions of crowds from the "waggoners" cruising guide.
We were actually suprized how quiet it was. Middle of the summer holidays in a 40+ Day heat wave where we're all the local families with kids etc getting out to enjoy the unusual weather before the next 250 days do overcast rainy weather started?

If I can get out that way again and can afford the $7000/ week high season cost to charter! I'll head that way.
You defiantly have the right idea with your trailerable A25. The "ranger" guys do a good job of selling that dream , but it is hard work trailering heavy boats.
I bumped to these guys in a local magazine
http://trailertrawlerlife.com/
They has an article on trailering much like you do.
Cheers Warren
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Warren
'84. 27AC. Lehman 4D61
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

Warren, we have been following your route and are about to head out on our own South Sound adventure. Thanks for the great info about our own back yard!
sail149
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sail149 »

WillieC, have a good time we loved it and we're surprised by the almost old world feel of the south sound. We missed fair harbor marina on upper case inlet. At lake bay we met a couple of locals in a 3 day kayak trip going there from the upper Carr inlet and recommended it as the nicest in the south sound and actually has real showers.
The kayak ladies said they saw whales in Carr inlet , watched for a hour or so but no photos! Despite going to cutts island we did not see any whales. We did see dolphins and fat seals.
Sorry we missed you
Enjoy Warren.
Ps I was spoiled by the Nordic 26..... loved the cabin with large
windows...
Our last night on a park buoy
IMG_3344.JPG
IMG_3209.JPG
IMG_3023.JPG
IMG_3015.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Warren
'84. 27AC. Lehman 4D61
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Ps I was spoiled by the Nordic 26..... loved the cabin with large
windows...
Know what you mean. Nordics, Rangers, even Cutwater boats, all great boats. We've seen lots of those Cutwaters up there, comparable to Albin 28TE & 31TE fast sport fishers. Looking forward to getting back up there next year for more cruising adventures. In contrasting our Albin 25's and 27's to Nordic & Ranger tugs, it's like comparing a '69 VW pop up camper van to a new Mini Winnie Class C motorhome. You can have just as much fun with the VW bus (which also has a cult following), albeit at a slower pace, more cramped and with fewer amenities, but a lot less expensive.

Great pictures by the way.

Meanwhile, we're off on our own extended RV road trip leaving on Friday, heading up to Idaho to see the total eclipse on Monday, then Yellowstone, Niagara Falls, Ontario, (with hopefully a stop to meet "Sunsetrider"), Quebec, New England, Atlantic coast, Florida, the Gulf Coast, and back across Texas & New Mexico to be home by October 11. No boat this time though, just our 18 foot travel trailer. Around 8,800 miles in all.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond

Return to “Cruising”