• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

San Juan Islands - Bucket List

Albin Sightings! Where did you go, who did you meet?

Moderator: jcollins

Chuck Waygood
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Home, Treasure Island, Florida

San Juan Islands - Bucket List

Post by Chuck Waygood »

San Juans and Marina Ballet 003.jpg
San Juans and Marina Ballet 002.jpg
Just returned from the Pacific Northwest and a cruise of the San Juan Islands of Washington state - long on my Bucket List - and truly a water world. My 35 TE Sportfish, A-List, sat at our dock in Florida (for sale) while Howard Wells and I enjoyed 5 days on his 35 TE Sportfish, Nibbles, proof of the advantages of this forum and the ability of AOG members to work together. While overcast much of the time, in general the waters are placid and the many coves provide shelter. Average depth, 500 to 600 feet. Travel is by boat or ferry. As the saying goes "Just do it!" if you have the chance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: San Juan Islands - Bucket List

Post by DougSea »

Beautiful shots Chuck! (Any more? :))

And great that you got to spend time on Nibbles!
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

I may have said this before...I love the Chesapeake but the PNW scenary and water are the best. 500 feet? Our bay average is 21 feet. Even our deepest section is only 170 feet. There must be more photos. :?:
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
loubennett
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Annapolis, MD

Post by loubennett »

The Pacific Northwest is truly one of the most beautiful parts of the country. I had the pleasure of living in Seattle for two years and sailing Puget Sound. I never made it to the San Juan Islands. I thought I would be there forever, but left to take a job back East. The Chesapeake is home, but the Pacific Northwest is one of the few places in the country that matches or exceeds it for boating. The scenery is spectacular. While living there and traveling back East on business, my first impression when flying into Baltimore or DC was the land is awfully flat and the trees are awfully short. Id love to get back out there for a visit sometime.
Lou Bennett
2002 Albin 28 TE
Quest
Annapolis
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

jcollins wrote:... Our bay average is 21 feet. Even our deepest section is only 170 feet...
My bay average is 5 feet and our deepest section is less than 21 :(
One of the big draws (pun intended) to the 28TE was the protected running gear..
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
Chuck Waygood
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Home, Treasure Island, Florida

Post by Chuck Waygood »

jcollins wrote:I may have said this before...I love the Chesapeake but the PNW scenary and water are the best. 500 feet? Our bay average is 21 feet. Even our deepest section is only 170 feet. There must be more photos. :?:
More photos in a day or two.

Return to “Cruising”