• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Choptank River Cruise 2013

Albin Sightings! Where did you go, who did you meet?

Moderator: jcollins

crowra
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Full time cruiser

Choptank River Cruise 2013

Post by crowra »

Sharon and I just returned from a six day cruise on the Choptank River (on the Chesapeake Bay). Talk about perfect weather!!! Here is a map of our anchorages and routes: https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit? ... NfurXSJ-XM. Hover over the anchor symbol if you're interested in info about the area.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Ka'Why Knot
Rob & Sharon Crow
1987 36' Double Cabin
ScubaPete
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Seaford, Virginia

Re: Choptank River Cruise 2013

Post by ScubaPete »

Great pictures....... how do you do that google maps thing??? That is cool.
crowra
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by crowra »

Pete,

The map thing is easy. All you need is an account with Google (gmail, Google+, etc.). Go to Google Maps and click the 'gear' icon in the upper right-hand corner and select My Places. Next click Create Map. There are tutorials but it is pretty self explanatory. Drag and drop location markers then add description and comments. There are several icons if you want to change from the default marker (like the anchors I use to show where we anchored).
Ka'Why Knot
Rob & Sharon Crow
1987 36' Double Cabin
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Rob,
The Choptank is a very nice cruise. Next time take the trip to Denton. We have a couple of times. Check out Suicide Bridge and the state park.
http://suicide-bridge-restaurant.com/
What's the story with the Sun Seeker? Friends of yours?
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
crowra
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by crowra »

John,

We toyed with the idea of going to Denton but didn't have time -- maybe next year. Yes, the Sunseeker belongs to friends of ours. It makes our boat look like a dinghy next to it. They wanted to try spending a couple of nights on the hook.
Ka'Why Knot
Rob & Sharon Crow
1987 36' Double Cabin
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

crowra wrote:J It makes our boat look like a dinghy next to it. They wanted to try spending a couple of nights on the hook.
It sure does. They wanted to "try" a couple nights on the hook? What do they normally do, get transient slips whenever they travel or just never do overnighters?
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

crowra wrote:It makes our boat look like a dinghy next to it.
Many years ago my father had a friend with a big, beautiful wooden cruiser. I believe it was named the Black Swan, out of Amityville.

He told the story of how he pulled into a marina in the evening, feeling like the king. And then woke up the next morning with a 100' on one side and a 125' on the other!

Everything's relative. I enjoy how many people in those big go fast yachts call me over to complement the Albin! A regular happening with both the 28 and the 35. :-)
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"

Return to “Cruising”