• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

One of those years up North

Albin Sightings! Where did you go, who did you meet?

Moderator: jcollins

Bidgood
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pelican Isle, Florida

One of those years up North

Post by Bidgood »

Normally this is the time of year that I post one of my pictures of "Bidgood" under a palm tree or anchored off of a sun soaked sandy beach. But this year I really feel the pain of my fellow Albin owners who are stranded up north. This season, on this site, I have seen pics. of Albins locked in ice, covered with snow, and even submerged! So a cheerful note to all who do not live in SW Florida. Spring is coming. It really is. 60 days from now this will all be a bad memory. The 2014 boating season will be upon you and you will be ever optimistic about warm winds and calm seas. So I am not going to post anything that will make you pine for warm seas, girls in bikinis or a quiet day sipping margaritas after a delightful afternoon on the Gulf of Mexico.

then again.....Just a relaxing afternoon by Naples FL......Last weekend.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.

Albin 30 FC
Hull # "0"
tbnolin
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart,FL

Re: One of those years up North

Post by tbnolin »

As too, goes for the SE part of Florida. I really do feel your pain up that way in the Great Northeast as I was a Vermonter for 34 years. There's just something about being by the pool or laying on the beach this time of year that makes me stay here, at least for the time being. Watching all the boats going by from 14' to the Megayachts....it's sooooo niiiice!! But, as mentioned, Spring is just around the corner and this past winter will be nothing but history!
It's all about relaxation :)

Former owner of a 2006 40' NSC
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

tbnolin wrote:As too, goes for the SE part of Florida.
I know, I know, I hear it from my parents in Palm City at least three times a week!
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
tbnolin
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart,FL

Post by tbnolin »

Ahhh yes, the new bridge makes it very easy for us to get to Palm City. Huge cold front pushing through right now....temps are going to plummet down into the low 70's......for a half a day :)
It's all about relaxation :)

Former owner of a 2006 40' NSC
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Bidgood: Well your heart is in the right place. It is okay to talk about the good times down there because those fine northern members will catch up fast.
We already have Calif. sunshine out west but at least in the northern portion we are not doing much boating. However, watch out starting next month.
Now warm summer sunshine and a cold beer sounds really fine. Thanks for the wake up call.
whwells "Howard"
johnmurray
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by johnmurray »

Tom, you boat looks lovely as usual. Up here we have only a couple more months until launch time when we expect most of the snow will be gone and the Ottawa River will be ice-free.
BTW, my annual spring visit to Naples this year is cancelled due to recent knee replacement surgery. Not fun!
Cheers...John
John Murray...Albin 30FC..."katie G"...Ottawa Canada
Bidgood
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pelican Isle, Florida

Post by Bidgood »

John,

There is always next year.

Cheers!
Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.

Albin 30 FC
Hull # "0"
kathylsails
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New Bern, NC

Post by kathylsails »

Your boat looks great! It has been so cold and rainy here that we have been sitting on KP Duty at the dock rather than going out. We had our sailboat out last weekend and just about got blown to bits. But, we have tons of outings planned for KP Duty, starting in April!
"KP Duty" Albin 30 FC
kathylsails
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New Bern, NC

Post by kathylsails »

John, May you have quick healing from your knee replacement surgery!
"KP Duty" Albin 30 FC
johnmurray
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by johnmurray »

Thanks for your good wishes. Progress has been slow but my physiotherapist reports progress. Its a good thing that launching isn't until mid-May!
John Murray...Albin 30FC..."katie G"...Ottawa Canada

Return to “Cruising”