• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Champlain & Erie Canals Cruise

Albin Sightings! Where did you go, who did you meet?

Moderator: jcollins

NickScheuer
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Rockford, IL

Champlain & Erie Canals Cruise

Post by NickScheuer »

We plan to launch our Albin-25, the Du NORD at Plunder Bay on Friday, 8/22/14 and enter the Champlain Canal on Saturday. We'll turn right at Troy and proceed west on the Erie for a week or so.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: Champlain & Erie Canals Cruise

Post by DougSea »

Make sure you take a few photos for us along the way!

I'd love to do a cruise up to Champlain someday, but I'd have to reduce Sonny's height, so it will need to wait for a different boat.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
tbnolin
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart,FL

Re: Champlain & Erie Canals Cruise

Post by tbnolin »

Plunder Bay? Where would that be located? When cruising down the Hudson/Champlain Canal, the Schuyler Yacht Basin is a good stop over. And if you do stop, give my best to the owners, Judy and Phil. Great people and a super nice marina close to town. We were there for about 8 years on the island side....2 years with our 40 NSC. Waterford is the intersection for the Champlain and Erie Canals. Another great stopover...and that one is a freebie! Plan on getting there between noon time and 2ish. It's a very popular place. Then get ready to do the "flight of 5". The highest lift in the shortest distance in the world.

Enjoy your trip and if you have any questions about the Champlain Canal, give me a shout!

Tom
It's all about relaxation :)

Former owner of a 2006 40' NSC

Return to “Cruising”