• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

first cruise on Salty Dog

Albin Sightings! Where did you go, who did you meet?

Moderator: jcollins

Panhdjoe
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Osprey Marina, Myrtle Beach SC

first cruise on Salty Dog

Post by Panhdjoe »

We left Deltaville Va Monday, this is our first real cruise on our 1983 36 classic "Sallty Dog" We hit some serious rough water the first day out. That was my Welcome to the Chesapeake. The predicted 1 to 2 foot. seas turned out to be about 6 or 7. We had to turn tail and go into Reedville. Our destination is Baltimore, we anchored last night in Solomans dinghed in and ate dinner at Zahniser's. Tonight we are in Selby bay in the South river. We expect to make Baltimore tomorrow, suggestions on Marinas and restaurants would be welcome. The boat is doing well all systems are working well we even rode along in air condtioned comfort for awile today. I am especially enjoying the autopilot and Raymarine C120 chart plotter. The only problem so far was a pluged up bilge pickup. Solong for now. Joe
1983 36 classic
1995 192 Grady White w/ 150 Yamaha
2003 Boss 8'6" Dingy w/6 hp Suzuki
Panhdjoe
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: first cruise on Salty Dog

Post by Panhdjoe »

We just passed under Key bridge, rolling into the baltimore harbor
1983 36 classic
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

Hope the trip is going well Joe. Enjoy!
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
Panhdjoe
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Panhdjoe »

We had a wonderful stay in Baltimore, we were at Henderson's wharf marina at Fells point 2 nights. We got water taxi passes and toured the Frigate Constellation and Torsk WW II submarine. We walked around a lot and generally ate to much.
On the way back we anchored in the Solomans again and then we made a run to Tangier Island, the island is a interesting place. We were out for 9 days and it was a good cruise.
It is very satisfying to have spent the last 3 months splitting time between SC and Deltaville working on the boat doing extensive maintenance, upgrades and repairs and go out for a cruise and encounter no problems with the boat. I only opened my tool box twice. for minor things. next is the trip to South Carolina.
1983 36 classic

Return to “Cruising”