• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Fontana Lake, Lake Barclay, Kentucky Lake

Albin Sightings! Where did you go, who did you meet?

Moderator: jcollins

obertra9
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Cincinnati, Ohio

Fontana Lake, Lake Barclay, Kentucky Lake

Post by obertra9 »

This May we (my brother and I) spent a week on Fontana Lake on the southern boundary of the Great Smokey Mountains. This was the best boating I have had (with previous trips on the Ohio River, Tennessee River, Lake Cumberland, Norris Lake, and Lake Erie). At spots there is a 360 degree view of mountains and the Lake depth in the main channel is routinely more than 350 foot. The water is the clearest lake water I have seen. The northern shore adjacent to the Great Smokey Mountains Park is primitive, only trees and inlets. The southern shore is sparsely covered with marinas, houses, etc.
In September we did 2 weeks on Lake Barclay / Kentucky Lake which forms Land Between the Lakes in Kentucky and Tennesee. These lakes are enormous, but shallow. I personally do not recommend this lake unless it is done as a necessary part of the Great Loop trip from Chicago down to Mobile Bay.
Roger A. Obert
1990 Albin 27 SC
Solitude II
Cincinnati, Ohio
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Re: Fontana Lake, Lake Barclay, Kentucky Lake

Post by Mark Deeser »

Sounds like a really neat place, we hope to be in that area one day. Thanks for a nice word picture.

Return to “Cruising”