Albin 25 Deluxe For Sale-$20,000

Selling your Albin? List it here. Doing upgrades and want to share your usable stuff? Looking for a good deal? (no commercial listings please)

Moderator: Nancy

Forum rules
Links to external personal sites and photo hosting sites are allowed. Links to dealers, brokers, eBay, etc., will be edited/removed by the moderators.
We strongly encourage you post pictures and details directly within your ad.
sagolds
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Scappoose, OR

Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:49 pm

For Sale-PRICE DROP $20,00

1978 Albin 25 Deluxe and Trailer

This is the classic Swedish-built Albin 25 Deluxe mini-trawler. It's a perfect boat for the San Juan Islands, the Columbia River, and lakes in the PNW. The Albin 25 sleeps 4 comfortably, 2 in main cabin, 2 in the private aft cabin. It is powered by a Yanmar YM30, 30 HP diesel with less than 900 hrs. This boat is turnkey, versatile and ready to go. Currently on the hard in Bend, OR.

Specs:
Builder: Albin Marine
Designer: Per Brohäll
Hull Shape: Semi-Displacement

Engine:
Brand/Model: Yanmar YM30
Type: Inboard
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hours: Less than 900
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 30 HP

Description
The Albin Marine 25 Deluxe semi-displacement motor cruiser was designed by Swedish naval architect Per Brohäll and built to robust standards by Albin Marine to be extremely seaworthy and reliable in a wide range of conditions.

The main cabin takes up half the length of the boat and is of conventional layout, with vee-berths forward, a galley aft on the port side and a head to starboard. The remaining berths are in the aft cabin, offering the flexibility of two single berths, port & starboard, extending below the cockpit seats.

The wheelhouse is prominent, with high windows and narrow pillars providing good all-round visibility from the helm. A custom hardtop makes the windows and behind the helm taller than original, making for easier entry, exit and moving around for a tall person. A full canvas enclosure provides protection from the elements while underway or entertaining.

Dimensions
LOA 25’
LWL 22’.2”
Beam 8’6”
Draft 2’4”
Displacement 3,900 lbs
Fuel capacity 20gal
Water capacity 15gal

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Complete overhaul of exhaust system including new muffler
All lights converted to LED
New battery charging system including 2 new deep cycle batteries in battery boxes
New manual bilge pump
2 Rod holders
Regular maintenance

Trailer-Highliner, galvanized, tandem-axle
New suspension, bearings, springs and shackles. Needs brakes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by sagolds on Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:40 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Thoughts become things---choose the good ones.

deryk_the_pirate
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: New Jersey

Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:51 am

can I ask what the combined boat and trailer weight is?

kerrye
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Denver

Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:22 pm

My guess would be around 6500lbs.

WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:07 pm

Kerrye's number agrees with mine. Get a decent trailer.

DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:20 pm

sagolds,

I would like to compliment you on your ad's presentation. One of the best & complete descriptions I've seen as well as good set of photos. Very clean & good looking boat. Reasonable asking price I might add, all things considered since I paid more than that for our boat which is 6 years older than yours, is the slower 6.5 knot full displacement early model version, and has a smaller and older 24HP Yanmar 3GM30F engine that had approximately 2,500 hours on it when we took ownership.

You mention Scappoose as your home port. My wife's sister & her husband live in Deer Island, OR and have a Bayliner 2552 sedan cruiser named "Heavenly" which I believe they keep in a marina in St. Helens during summer boating season. They also trailer up to Anacortes & cruise the San Juans most years. We were cruise mates with them in the San Juans & Gulf Islands in 2014 which was the first time we'd taken our own boat up there & they showed us all the good places to go, such as Winter Cove, Montague Harbour, Telegraph, Maple Bay, and Ladysmith to name a few.

If you see this boat on the Columbia, say hi to owners Paula & Alan Johnson
DSCN1648.JPG
ps, are you sure you want to sell?

pps, had you ever thought of making a box cover to put over the cutout for the exhaust elbow?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by DesertAlbin736 on Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond

DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:41 pm

Is your boat still for sale? If so, is it listed online anywhere else? Didn't see a listing on CL, boat trader, or Yachtworld. I'll run this by some boater friends that know our boat.

By the way, what's the situation with the head plumbing? I see a Y valve that appears to be able to line up to flush directly overboard. Does the other hose go to a holding tank, and if so, I assume there's a pump out fitting, but appears no other way do empty a holding tank other than dockside pump out.

Ours has a Y valve too, which can line up to drain the holding tank overboard or to a dockside pumpout, but all sewage goes from the toilet into the holding tank first. One of the previous owners removed the vanity sink and replaced it with a shelf unit.
Albin Head.jpg
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond

sagolds
Mate
Mate

Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:37 pm

Hi DesertAlbin. Thank you for the compliment on the ad. It was a combined effort with my brother, his girlfriend and myself. I was really pleased with how it came out.

It is currently not listed on any other site, really out of sheer laziness at this point. I might put it on Yachtworld, but probably not CL. As you know, these are pretty special boats that are attractive to a certain crowd. I think I would just get too many people who aren't familiar with these old Albins, asking questions like how many skiiers it can pull and wouldn't be happy with a top speed of 8 knots. :p And yes, she is still for sale. She is currently on the hard in Bend, so not likely that I would see your sister-in-law at this point.

As for the head. I bought the boat in Canada, where the regulations regarding how waste could be handled are different than they are here in the PNW. There is indeed a holding tank, and I believe the pump-out is on or near the deck, on the side. Since we just did day trips, we just didn't use the head for anything....solid. So I don't have alot of information about how it works.

My brother and I talked about taking out the sink because it really is just in the way, and the galley sink is just outside the door. I'm sure that gives you more room to move around. It's really crowded in there with that sink!

Interestingly, my brother in particular, has been following your boat for some time. Since we used to live in AZ (Scottsdale), when we were starting to look at boats to see if this was really the boat we wanted to buy, we considered asking you to come take a cruise on yours. Instead, we met Hira Reid in Olympia and climbed around in Shatoosh-lots closer! My brother had been one of her silent followers for years, so he was really pleased to get to meet her. On that same trip, we went up to Bellingham and looked at Deb Dempsey's boat. Deb is famous in these parts as she was the only female bar pilot.

korotaj
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Bend, OR

Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:15 am

Hello,
Did you ever sell your 25? I live in Bend and would like to see it if it is still available.
Thanks!

Steve
541-480-1323

WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:45 am

Welcome aboard, korotaj! You might try shooting him a personal message. The last post wasn't that long ago and some folks actually do other stuff over the holidays.
Good luck in your search!

Bonnerboy007
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Yacht club drive keys

Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:13 pm

If this is available please text Shane at 786-540-2855 thanks

Sailormobile
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: None

Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:12 am

I am interested if this boat is available, Please let me know if it is. Thanks

sagolds
Mate
Mate

Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:28 am

Yes, still available.

sagolds
Mate
Mate

Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:09 pm

Spring is here! Time to get back on the water. Turnkey Albin still available.

rcasada
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Florida

Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:31 pm

Is this still for sale? If so, text me at 417-840-0714. My name is Rick. Thanks

rcasada
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Florida

Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:17 pm

Is this still for sale?