Best in the US Albin 25 for Sale - SOLD!

Selling your Albin? List it here. Doing upgrades and want to share your usable stuff? Looking for a good deal? (no commercial listings please)

Moderator: Nancy

Forum rules
Links to external personal sites and photo hosting sites are allowed. Links to dealers, brokers, eBay, etc., will be edited/removed by the moderators.
We strongly encourage you post pictures and details directly within your ad.
aweeks88
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Exeter NH

Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:56 pm

Windfall, 1977 Albin 25 pocket trawler for sale

1977 Albin 25 “de Luxe” trailer trawler In completely restored and updated condition.
Built in Sweden on the general framework of a sturdy lifeboat, solid fiberglass semi displacement hull cruises at 7 kn sipping 1/2 gallon of diesel per hour. Two separate cabins, aft small with two bunks extending under the cockpit seats, fore cabin with full 6‘1“ headroom, custom galley, queen-size birth, large hanging closet, and built in refrigeration. Designed for a couple or young family to cruise the fjords of Scandinavia. Perfect for exploring coastal US/Canada, the Great Circle Route, cruising to Cuba or any other adventure. Great size for a cruising couple with room for children/friends.

2012: I bought hull #2742 as a stalled project in Connecticut. Purchase price $1000 which I recouped by selling the bits and pieces of original equipment all over the world to follow Albineers. Told my wife with a straight face that it was a “free boat”.
2013-2015: Hull and engine work by Ellis Boat Yard in Southwest Harbor Maine. Fiberglass completely restored. New hull barrier paint. New gel coat. New nonskid. New 36 hp beta marine diesel driving 17 X 13 X3RH prop on 1 1/4 inch shaft
2015-17: interior and final assembly by professional woodworker/wooden boat enthusiast in Seacoast New Hampshire.

Final result: completely new boat inside and out. Only original parts retained are the bow rail and windshield!
I’m 6 foot one so the small head went and we use a porta potty in the aft cabin. All new: 12 V refrigeration, auto pilot, custom cabinetry, pressurized hot and cold water, 100 W solar panel, 50 gal fresh water stored in 3 flexible tanks, 23 gallon diesel tankage, shower sump, manual and automatic bilge pumps, forced hot air heat for cockpit and cabin, 2 overhead cabin hatches, opening cabin and cockpit ports, dimmable LEF red and white cockpit lighting, custom berth cushions with custom fitted sheets, windlass, Ronka anchor with 40 foot chain and 150 foot rope rode, Garmin GPS, swim platform with boarding ladder, etc...

Included is a 2013 custom galvanized trailer with top of the line electric/hydraulic disc brakes. The boat is very easy to transport, the weight of the boat and trailer fully loaded is 7500 pounds. In Fall of 2018 I trailered it to New York and cruised the Hudson river and Erie canal. In December 2018, I trailered it to Sarasota Florida and cruised down the intercoastal Waterway to the Everglades.

Unfortunately, my first mate has developed a severe health problem that prevents her from enjoying the boat anymore and I must devote my time to her care.

I’m looking for someone to take over my nautical obsession and make it their own. Asking price of $29,500 is less than 1/3 of total invested.The boat is parked in a storage lot in Sarasota, Florida on its trailer. I can deliver to any location on eastern seacoast. The tow vehicle is for sale separately if desired, a low mileage excellent condition 2012 Ford F1 50 4 x 4 with max towing package.

Check out this link for pictures:https://photos.app.goo.gl/eEUzxBUhJNuTvMkA8

Please email me at aweeks@ehr.org

Thanks
Andy Weeks 2/20/2019

WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:23 pm

I might have to agree with the title.
Hold out for a 3/4 T pickup. Otherwise, this might beat out the 20K boat.
How quickly free boats rise in value.

DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:38 pm

Asking price of $29,500 is less than 1/3 of total invested.
That's primo work! Less than 1/3rd invested, yeah I can believe that, & not even counting hours of sweat equity. Love the wood strip 'ceilings'.
In Fall of 2018 I trailered it to New York and cruised the Hudson river and Erie canal
Always good to hear of others with trailering adventures. Sorry to hear about your wife's illness. That's tough, but family comes first. One of our sailing friends' wife is wheelchair bound with MS, and he does his best to take care of her. It's a labor of love.

DSCN2375.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond

Dieselram94
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Rockland, Maine

Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:30 pm

Awesome boat! Love the cleanliness of it! Does it still have the original stern tube? Mine is running a 1.25” shaft as well in the origin stern tube.
Really sorry to hear your wife is sick, I hope she will be ok.

keoki62
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Rockport tx

Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:15 pm

What a beautiful job you did.. If I didn't have my refit 2/3 done I would jump on it. Sorry to here you won't be able to enjoy her. I am sure you have a small fortune invested, I know I do.

keoki62
First Mate
First Mate

Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:58 pm

Just a suggestion but you should join the great Loopers Facebook site and post it on that perfect boat to do the loop

keoki62
First Mate
First Mate

Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:03 pm

I went ahead and shared your link on the Great Loop Facebook page

WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:24 am

Just saw on TF that this boat has sold.

keoki62
First Mate
First Mate

Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:08 pm

Buyers messaged me today they are in northern Michigan.

Return to “Swap / Trade / Sell”

• Information