A25 Rubrail - Free to good home

Selling your Albin? List it here. Doing upgrades and want to share your usable stuff? Looking for a good deal? (no commercial listings please)

Moderator: Nancy

Forum rules
Links to external personal sites and photo hosting sites are allowed. Links to dealers, brokers, eBay, etc., will be edited/removed by the moderators.
We strongly encourage you post pictures and details directly within your ad.
nebulatech
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:03 am

Albin 25 Deluxe rubrail - Free to a good home, you pay the bus fare.

I'm making a new rubrail out of wood, so I'm offering this to anyone who can make use of it. It's in what I would call poor condition. What can you expect after 42 years? While it is the complete rubrail, there's damage in many sections. The rubrail is a two part system. The blue attaches to the hull and there is a white trim piece that was inserted as well. The joints of the white and blue parts did not coincide, so in the picture below, you can see where some white trim is by itself.

This would probably best serve as material to patch bad spots. It's kind of still, and it is oxidized. I didn't test, but from past experience, you can sometimes rejuvenate rubber by removing the oxidation (scotchbrite and acetone) then adding automotive "tire shine" to the rubber and letting it soak in.

I live in South Carolina, zip code 29464 and the rubrail probably weighs 25-30 lbs. USPS shipping would likely be somewhere from $30-$45, based on some recent larger packages I have shipped. The USPS website lets you get a shipping estimate based on origin and destination zipcodes, so you can see if it is worth it to you.
20200301_122513.jpg
20200301_122521.jpg
20200301_122535.jpg
20200301_122548.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Swap / Trade / Sell”

• Information