Some words of selling wisdom...and other stuff

Selling your Albin? List it here. Doing upgrades and want to share your usable stuff? Looking for a good deal? (no commercial listings please)

Moderator: Nancy

Forum rules
Links to external personal sites and photo hosting sites are allowed. Links to dealers, brokers, eBay, etc., will be edited/removed by the moderators.
We strongly encourage you post pictures and details directly within your ad.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:47 pm

I actively follow a few boating blogs, and one of my favorites is "The Marine Installer's Rant" written by Bill Bishop. Along with tales of electronics installations good and bad (the bad make for the best reading!) he offers a number of observations on the ins and outs of our boating life.

In the link below he describes the painful process of selling a boat. And, towards the end of a very amusing piece (unless you're the seller), he offers some good advice on how to prep your fine vessel for sale.

I'd recommend taking a few minutes to read it. I'm pretty sure you'll laugh, and occasionally cry, and come up with some good thoughts on how to prep your boat for sale.

Enjoy!

http://themarineinstallersrant.blogspot ... .html#more
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"

slimjim
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Home Port: SAN FRANCISCO CA

Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:42 pm

Doug, That's some funny stuff.

Plimsoll_Line
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Columbus, OH
Location: Cruised from Lake Michigan to Lauderdale to Tampa Bay - Boating Alum Crk - Ky Lake - Grand LK StMary

Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:01 am

Yes, Very Good Advice.... Have bought and sold a few boats with and without brokers. This is well worth the read. Am down sizing and have seen one Albin 27 SC which I could not, and I mean not, believe the broker even took the listing. And secondly, the broker had the "guts" to show the boat to me!!!! It was "Rough" in the true sense of the world. A rough boat, leaves you wondering... But as the saying goes... Takes All Kinds

Return to “Swap / Trade / Sell”

• Information