• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Tuna finally

Moderator: RobS

Russell
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuart, FL

Tuna finally

Post by Russell »

Went out to the Norfolk canyon yesterday and my sons caught their first tunas. We had the lines in for just a few minutes when both fish hooked up. We stopped the boat to clean up the mess and a 7 lb dolphin hit an Islander-ballyhoo twice while it was just sitting in the water. The second time he took the hook and we got him. Cody is in the top picture and Alex in the bottom with a 48 lb yellowfin. Our fishing buddy, Owen, is the gaffer. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Russ
2005 Flush Deck
Honey Girl
Volvo D6-310
Stuart FL
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Re: Tuna finally

Post by RobS »

Very nice - looks like you had a beautiful ocean. How many miles off sure due you have to run to hit that canyon from where you are? 75?

And how much of that blood ends up in the bilge thanks to those rather poorly designed drains around the deck hatches....
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
Russell
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Russell »

Rob: Yes it is about 75 miles from our marina and 65 from the shore. It is a long ride and a long day but great fun. We leave at 3AM and the boys sleep on the way out and back. The first year we had the boat we got skunked and last year with diesel at $5/g we did not go at all. We watch the satellite shots and sometimes the Gulf Stream will come closer but not so far this season. We went again yesterday (Sunday) and got two more. I was shocked at how much blood went everywhere with two fish flipping it all around but very little went into the bilge. I keep the drains flushed so they run well.
Russ
2005 Flush Deck
Honey Girl
Volvo D6-310
Stuart FL
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

What a greata experience for the boys and fun for all. Wonderful catch day.
whwells 'Nibbles"
Russell
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Russell »

Thanks for the comment. That was a great time. So far this year has not been good for me. It seems that the weather is always bad on the weekends or the bite is way south near Hatteras.
Russ
2005 Flush Deck
Honey Girl
Volvo D6-310
Stuart FL

Return to “Fishing”