• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Walker Downriggers with Heat Sensor Device and Controls

Moderator: RobS

whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Walker Downriggers with Heat Sensor Device and Controls

Post by whwells »

NIBBLES came out from Georgian Bay, Ontario Canada with the Walker downriggers installed. They are new to me. In fact I have never heard of the brand pror to this boat. Several people who have seen them on the boat have asked "Why Fresh Water Down Riggers" Frankly, it seemed to be knowing the temp. even in the Pacific waters would be a great plan. What I am being told is they simply don't work in the Pac. salt water.

Can anyone out there tell me what they know about these units. Have not gone on line yet, but I will soon. If you all can give me a heads up on the equipment it will be greatly appreciated. The old Luhrs has 4 Elec. Cannon downriggers. My plan was to keep the 2 latest models. Should I keep the Walker's or try to sell them to a feshwater fisherman?

whwells "Howard"
35TE Sportfisher
"Nibbles"
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: WALKER DOWN RIGGERS WITH HEAT SENSOR DEVICE AND CONTOLS

Post by whwells »

OTHER WALKER OWNERS: One of the new members spoke with Walker on using these for salt water application. Amber J. Thank you for talking to Walker & Co. and sendng along thier advise.
He was told they are fine but should be washed down after each use. That is just good advise for most equipment around salt water. So what the heck they are hooked/ wired, etc with brackets so might as well see how they do. Thought about posting then on the sale or trade section but now will try them a few times.
Thanks for the advise.
"Howard"
Last edited by whwells on Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alan_Douville
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Saint Joseph Michigan, Pier 33

Re: Walker Downriggers with Heat Sensor Device and Controls

Post by Alan_Douville »

I have Cannons mounted on mine, and Walkers are popular as well up here on the Great Lakes. In the Salt, always wash them down with fresh water. You should have no problems. You can buy Saltwater Downriggers, the white ones from Cannon are awesome, and not cheap.
Alan

2008 28 Albin TE NE
Valkyrie
St. Joseph MI.
Hull Number: AUL 28 942 H 708
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Walker Downriggers with Heat Sensor Device and Controls

Post by whwells »

Alan: Just came across your response. The reason for considering sale of the Walker 's is that my older unsold boat has 4 elec. Cannon downriggers. Two are new last season. So the plan is to keep the 2 newer ones and leave the old on the Luhrs for sale. Usually how boat is equipped in terms of fishing gear means nothing as to it 's possible sale. The exception is if the prospecive buyer sees the equipment they are wanted and gone. None of my old stufff except the full Furuno Nav net 3 electronics are still on the boat.. so it looks like I will try the Walkers and back up with the newer Cannons. Would give me eye teeth to sell the old boat. Actually if it does not sell soon my wife may take them in a not so friendly way.
Thanks for the response.
whwells "Howard"
"Nibbles" 35TE Sportfisher/Conv.

Return to “Fishing”