• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Time to go fishing

Moderator: RobS

Butch
In Memorium
Home Port: St Michaels,Md.

Time to go fishing

Post by Butch »

Well this weekend starts my fishing escapades.We are down here off the Choptank River, and it is time to start looking for the birds. Won't have to look for Carl being as his boat is out of the water and I guess he is too w/ a bad rotor cup. Maybe Commodore John, we should have a Sickbay index. Carl I hope you are doing OK!!!It is nice to see another Albin when the weather gets snotty.Good fall fishing everybody
furball
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chester, Md

Re: Time to go fishing

Post by furball »

Good luck Butch. I'm going out Friday.
Sara and I only ended up fishing one day during vacation. Caught a couple of decent fish to 25" but didn't find the size fish we found same time last year. I haven't seen any birds working above the bridge this year either.
Friday I'll start in EB and work south from there. I haven't put the trolling stuff in the boat yet, still hoping for some light tackle fish. Thinking I may get as far as the Little Chop. I've seen some good reports from the area.
John
Chief
2005 31TE
Cummins 450

Formerly,
Transition
2006 28TE
Yanmar 6LP
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Post by Carl »

Go get um Butch! 2 more weeks in the sling and then the fun begins with physical therapy. The way it still feels now, casting is out of the question! Trust me it is hard not being able to get out there with you guys. I will be ready to give it hell this spring though. Good luck guys.
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
furball
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chester, Md

Post by furball »

Well Butch, I hope your fall fishing was better than mine...
I made it out a total of 3 days fishing since the storms blew threw in September.
Pulled the boat this past Monday.
We did have some decent success LTJ this fall and put at least a couple of decent fish in the boat each trip.
Last Saturday was definitely the highlight of my season.
4 fish over 24" LTJ and a 40" for our brief trolling effort.
Joe2-40.jpg
But the sunset was the bomb!
redskyatnight.JPG
Hope next year starts as nicely as this one ended!
John
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Chief
2005 31TE
Cummins 450

Formerly,
Transition
2006 28TE
Yanmar 6LP
Butch
In Memorium
Home Port: St Michaels,Md.

Post by Butch »

Happy Days!!!!!!!!! Well I had the worst fishing year ever, which is still good!!And I also took the boat to St Michaels, the season is over. John I could not believe the winds this year. So many times I could not get to the Choptank. WHAT A BEAUTIFUL FISH!!!!! Even Carl will have to say something I am sure....Have a good winter...Oh yea the sunsets have been magnificent!!!
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Post by Carl »

Nice fish!! Sounds like the fish stayed south this fall. I guess if I had to miss a fall season, this might have been it. Now if Butch was holding that fish up, I would have been really upset!!!!!

See you guys in the spring, I am trying to get in shape for the yearly trek to Key West. Hopefully those tuna and wahoo get my shoulder back into shape. I start working with weights next week, that should be fun.

Thanks for the reports and pictures!
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"

Return to “Fishing”