• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Insulate Fishboxes?

Moderator: RobS

CaptLee
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Jacksonville, Florida

Insulate Fishboxes?

Post by CaptLee »

Has anyone insulated or modified your fish boxes to keep ice longer? I just got a 1988 32' Albin Sportfish and was wondering about this. Just hoping to get a few ideas before I jump into a project.

Also my fish boxes currently drain into the bilge, has anyone added a macerator to pump theirs overboard? I don't want my bilge to get nasty.
mudskipper
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Insulate Fishboxes?

Post by mudskipper »

A friend with a 28 Carolina Classic had fish boxes over the engine exhaust run. They were removable, so he had a home foam guy spray a coat of insulation on. It made a huge difference. He has hose to macerators from the factory. That was good design. The exhuast under the fish boxes not so good. Also had to remove engine mounts to change the pump impellers. makes you wonder sometimes? :roll:

Return to “Fishing”