• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Mounting Taco GS 280 outriggers to 28 TE

Moderator: RobS

vlepage
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Shrewsbury, MA

Mounting Taco GS 280 outriggers to 28 TE

Post by vlepage »

I am getting ready to mount a pair of TACO GS 280 out riggers to my 28 TE. I assume the best location is on the roof as far aft as possible (about 8 inches) and as close to the Port and Starboard sides as possible (about 8 inches). Does any one have any suggestions as to a better location and what other issues I may run into. I assume that I will need to position the telescopic out riggers directly aft when collapsed for travel and then move them directly port and starboard when extending for use / fishing.

Thank you for your comments !

Vic Lepage
Vic_Lepage@yahoo.com
508-237-2483
Russell
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuart, FL

Re: Mounting Taco GS 280 outriggers to 28 TE

Post by Russell »

Vic
If you already have the Taco outriggers that is probably the best place to put them. I had the wishbone type on my previous boat and my present boat came with roof mounted ones. I prefer the wishbone because once it is lowered for fishing it is well within reach. The roof mounted are kind of high up for me. I often wished I had telescopic outriggers though when going under bridges. The wishbone ones have to be laid down. I think you will be very happy with the Tacos mounted on the aft end of the roof.
Russ
2005 Flush Deck
Honey Girl
Volvo D6-310
Stuart FL
vlepage
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Shrewsbury, MA

Re: Mounting Taco GS 280 outriggers to 28 TE

Post by vlepage »

Thank you for your comments. I had the same issues with the wish bone type.

Thank you
Vic Lepage

Return to “Fishing”