• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Transom Rod Holders

Moderator: RobS

FiveToes
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Niantic, CT

Transom Rod Holders

Post by FiveToes »

I'm looking to install two additional rod holders in the transom. after looking thru the forum, I found some old threads that talk about this. I called Prime Industries in Virginia today and they still make the rod holders. Does anyone know if the 30 degree fits in the transom or does it need to be 15 degree? These are the threads I found.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=175&hilit=rodholders

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7221&hilit=rod+holders

Thanks! -Greg
Greg T.

Five Toes II
2009 Albin 28 TE
Flush Deck
catalina_mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dana Point

Re: Transom Rod Holders

Post by catalina_mike »

It really depends on where you mount them. The 15 deg holder will require less room width wise then the 30.
Silverton 2007 36C
Sold - Albin 1999 28TE
SSI Instructor 13937
SDI / TDI Instructor 18172
USCG 100 Ton near coastal
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Post by Tree »

I did this. I now have four rod holders across the stern and four down both sides.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8203
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Post by Carl »

30's will work and will match the existing angles.
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
FiveToes
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Niantic, CT

Post by FiveToes »

just ordered 4 of the prime industries matching flush mount rod holders. they are up to $23 but still a great price for a solid built rod holder. I will be putting 2 in the stern and probably one additional in the gunnel on each side. that would give me 8 rod holders plus the seven in my rocket launcher. step by step turning the Five Toes into a fishing machine :)
Greg T.

Five Toes II
2009 Albin 28 TE
Flush Deck
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Post by Carl »

Just noticed that your Albin is a 2009. Is it an Albin built left over or one from North Carolina? Should be no difference if the same molds were used. Just double check room where the swim platform shower box is before turning the old drill on.

Good Luck, sounds like you will have a great fishing machine. If you got the holders with the caps, thats the extra couple bucks. They are a great value, put mine in 8 years ago and they still look new.
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"

Return to “Fishing”