• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

iFish 550LB plus Blue Marlin from hell

Moderator: RobS

ifishadventures
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Puerta Vallarta

iFish 550LB plus Blue Marlin from hell

Post by ifishadventures »

My first fish day was to be on Wednesday but some last minute boat work kept us.

We left the dock at 5am to run out side to the bank but last minute decision as the the sun started to rise I decided to stop short and fish the area we killed it last trip/time.

Water was gorgeous 83.5 purple/blue so we dumped the spread in. 15 minutes later after just completing the spread, picky we are with lure placement the short rigger exploded on my favorite lure no less (have over 100 blues on this baby) lure was dubbed "Sir Crush A Lot" in 2008 and it lives up to its name trust me. We cleared the lines I went from helm to chair, I'm taking this girl myself....1.5 hrs later this bitch is killen me 40 lbs of drag I had a hard time picking up the rod top. 130lb long but custom IGFA rods 130lb 1000 yard rigs and I'm being taken to school!

Deck hand jumped on the fish 2 hrs into the fight holding that pressure for two hours, deckhand now has his chance and soon he fell victim as well to a beating......15 plus times we had double line half dozen times we had the leader, frustrated and 3 hours 25 minutes later we bagged her. We never saw her till boat side other than a head pop 300 yards out thought she was in the 700's getting our asses kicked like that but guessing from 20 years experience and many many blues 550 plus was our call.

AWESOME RELEASE!! She was real tired but swam off healthy. I had to dive in last second NO gloves to help deckhand we couldn't lose the friggen leader again!! I grabbed the bill and paid the price.

we were spent....

Not bad for our first day, got another sail but we headed in early today. Back at it again next 5 days them a break.

We never got a clean photo as we had our hands full but I snapped one of her as she was released, sorry guys best I got on this one!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Russell
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuart, FL

Re: iFish 550LB plus Blue Marlin from hell

Post by Russell »

Awesome fishing! I see you are putting that custom 35 to good use. :D
Russ
2005 Flush Deck
Honey Girl
Volvo D6-310
Stuart FL