• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Biodiesel and Ethanol, Bloody Marys HEAD COUNT - UPDATE HERE

Solomon's Island, Maryland
Special thanks to Butch and Jim Smith
Butch
In Memorium
Home Port: St Michaels,Md.

Biodiesel and Ethanol, Bloody Marys HEAD COUNT - UPDATE HERE

Post by Butch »

Make sure you get your reservation in now , certainly within 30 days of Arrival. Come and hear what the oil industry thinks of Biodiesel and Ethanol. You will be surprised. Find out what makes a Good Bloody Mary Sure would like to see somebody from the dealers of Albin..Let us know when your reservations are made and if you are anchoring or coming by car . Thanks
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Although we are saying June 21st is the start date, it seems that most will be arriving on the 22nd.

Here is the head count as of 06/19

Butch - Mary B
Richard - Wye Dream
Chiefrcd - Southwind
JCollins - Afterglow
Mike - Time Out Annapolis
Chrissy & Rene Honzik - Sassafras
Joe Smith - Albin 31

Russell - Pending
Museler - Pending

For those coming from north of the Connecting Link (Bay Bridge) Richard, Butch, Mike, Chrissy and I are meeting off Bloody Point at R84 A on Friday at 10:00. From there on to Solomon's. We will be on channel 16. I will send cell numbers to anyone that wants them.

As butch mentioned we will be talking about biodiesel and bloody marys. (what a combination) At some point we should think about reservations somewhere for dinner one night.

Send me a note or post here if you are coming. I'll try to keep the above list up to date.
Last edited by jcollins on Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:25 pm, edited 10 times in total.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Butch
In Memorium
Home Port: St Michaels,Md.

Biodiesel, LS Diesel, ULS Diesel, HS Diesel, and Bloody Mary

Post by Butch »

Which product do you have in your tank, has the marina where you buy your fuel asked if you want an additive? interesting future for marinas and Diesel powered engines and the applicable cost....Come to the rendezvous...See you there, Will ethanol in gasoline stay or will it be some other product?and Finally what makes a great bloody mary?[/list]
DBM

New Albin dealer on bay

Post by DBM »

I am not an albin owner yet, (thinking hard about it) but I was wondering if anyone has contacted the new upper chesapeake albin dealer, Sassafrass harbor marina's Joe Smith, to see if They'd any interest in attending.

David
jcollins
In Memorium

Re: New Albin dealer on bay

Post by jcollins »

DBM wrote:I am not an albin owner yet, (thinking hard about it) but I was wondering if anyone has contacted the new upper chesapeake albin dealer, Sassafrass harbor marina's Joe Smith, to see if They'd any interest in attending.

David
David,
That's a great idea. I am pretty much outta here for the weekend but will try to contact next week. Or, if anyone reading this has the time, please do so.
By the way...you don't have to own an Albin to attend. I'm sure everyone would be more than happy to give you a "nickel tour" of their boat.
John
Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Annapolis, MD

Post by Mike »

Now that we are up and running we are planning on coming to the rendezvous on Friday, hopefully raft off, and leave sometime on Saturday. We work Sundays or would stay for that as well. Looking forward to meeting everyone and getting more tips!
Time Out Annapolis
jcollins
In Memorium

Re: New Albin dealer on bay

Post by jcollins »

jcollins wrote:
DBM wrote:I am not an albin owner yet, (thinking hard about it) but I was wondering if anyone has contacted the new upper chesapeake albin dealer, Sassafrass harbor marina's Joe Smith, to see if They'd any interest in attending.

David
David,
That's a great idea. I am pretty much outta here for the weekend but will try to contact next week. Or, if anyone reading this has the time, please do so.
By the way...you don't have to own an Albin to attend. I'm sure everyone would be more than happy to give you a "nickel tour" of their boat.
I spoke with Joe Smith today. Very nice guy. He's been around for awhile as an Egg Harbor dealer. He added Albin to his line in April. Joe is waiting on delivery of a 35. If it shows up in time he may bring it to the rendezvous. If he doesn't get the 35 he said he has a 31.
John
DBM

Post by DBM »

I was on that 31 at the boat show. That is one awesome and big boat.

BTW, thanks for the invite but with three small kids, my weekends are not my own. It'll be an easier selll, once we can go by boat.

David
jcollins
In Memorium

Post by jcollins »

bump
John
Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mike »

Would like to hook up with you guys for the run down. Depends on how fast I can get the crew moving that morning. I am detecting a Bloody Mary challenge here. Will bring some of the best with us.
Time Out Annapolis
jcollins
In Memorium

Post by jcollins »

Mike wrote:Would like to hook up with you guys for the run down. Depends on how fast I can get the crew moving that morning. I am detecting a Bloody Mary challenge here. Will bring some of the best with us.
Mike,
That sounds great! R-84a at 10:00. We will be monitoring 16. I'll send you my cell.
John
jcollins
In Memorium

Post by jcollins »

I spoke with Sping Cove today. They are filling up so if you haven't made a reservation, please do.
Call them on channel 16 when you get to R-8 on Back Creek for your slip assignment.

Spring Cove Marina port side of the Back River just before the Holiday Inn. You must make your own reservations at 2.15 /foot and 5.00 for 30 Amp service. Spring Cove number is 410 326 2161 or ch 68. This marina was chosen because it is convenient to all the amenties of Solomon Islands. We are hoping that we will have members arriving by car and staying at the Holiday Inn adjacent to the marina. Solomon's is 1 1/2 hours by car from the BWI Airport. We also think that the marina is close to any boats that would anchor . Good anchorage is north of the Marina across from the Holiday Inn. The Inn has a dinghy beach and there is a Taxi service at $2-3 per person depending on locationChanel 68 or Ph 301 672 5185. This marina has a pool, Internet access, restaurant, ship stores and walking distance to most major locations.
John
Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mike »

John,
Probably won't head out until 10:00. The Admiral doesn't get home from work until midnight and waking her up early isn't a good thing.l
Time Out Annapolis
jcollins
In Memorium

Post by jcollins »

Mike,
If she sleeps on the boat, no problem. <smile>

See you there...
John

Return to “Chesapeake Albin Pre-Rendezvous 2007 - Another Great First Event”