• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

40 NSC Gray Water Tank

wavedweller
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Ludlow, WA

40 NSC Gray Water Tank

Post by wavedweller »

Well I've finally got our 40' NCR in our slip at Port Ludlow WA! I'm working on setting everything up and I have tons of questions. I get some answers by reading old posts, but here's one I can't find:

My 40 NCR has both a gray water and black water tank. Yet I only have one waste pump outlet. Does the single outlet empty both tanks? If not, how do I empty the gray water tank?

I know there are at least 11 or 12 other 40 NCR owners out there. I hope you will help me with my questions. We have hull number 11.
Kindred Spirit - 2006 Albin 40 North Sea Cutter Hull # 11
J0k3r
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portland, OR

Re: 40 NSC Gray Water Tank

Post by J0k3r »

On our 49' tri-cabin, the gray water tank gets pumped over the side. There is no pump-out connection for it. Seems to be the way it was done in 1984. Also, the head sinks and galley sinks drain right overboard.
Forty Six & 2
1984 49 Tri-Cabin
Twin Volvo TAMD40A
Portland, OR
http://mvfortysixandtwo.com
wavedweller
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Ludlow, WA

Post by wavedweller »

I wondered about that, but I have 2 Tankwatch4 level indicators, one for the Black Water tank and one for the Gray Water tank. If it auto dumps, why would I need a tank level indicator?
Kindred Spirit - 2006 Albin 40 North Sea Cutter Hull # 11
J0k3r
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portland, OR

Post by J0k3r »

A bit more detail might help. We had no owners manual or anything to explain the systems. From what I can tell, there is a gray water tank only because the shower drain is at or below the water line. There is a switch in each head labeled 'sump'. Switching that on turns on the sump pump that pumps the gray water over the side, otherwise the water will eventually back up into the shower. I intend to install an automatic switch that will turn the pump on automatically. We may have had gauges that indicate the level, but none of them work any longer and the existing gauges are not connected to anything.
Forty Six & 2
1984 49 Tri-Cabin
Twin Volvo TAMD40A
Portland, OR
http://mvfortysixandtwo.com
tbnolin
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart,FL

Post by tbnolin »

I do believe we had a breaker for both the grey and the black water holding tanks....Independent from each other. Blue Moon was hull #1 and is currently located in California. Maybe the current owner will see this and chime in. Hope you get it figured out.... :)
It's all about relaxation :)

Former owner of a 2006 40' NSC
JerseyNSC40
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mantoloking, NJ

Post by JerseyNSC40 »

Former owner of hull #7 , we had a gauge for each tank and a breaker for each. I also had a float valve in the grey water tank. I never left it on for fear it would stick and burn out the float valve. The tank was midship under the 4, We would shower and I watched the tank gauge as it filled up, lights went from green - yellow - red, I threw the switch on the 12 volt panel and it pumped overboard on the port side , just forward of the door. I would then turn it off. The 2 showers were the only things that drained into the grey water tank, Aft was by gravity , forward by sump pump.
There are different configurations but that was mine. Do not check in much hope this helps. The boat is still local here in NJ and I am friends with the new owners, still good.
Craig
AlbinNSC40
Craig

Return to “36' Express Trawler, 40' North Sea Cutter, 26' Center Console”