• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

40' NSC Sliding Door Hardware

wavedweller
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Ludlow, WA

40' NSC Sliding Door Hardware

Post by wavedweller »

I have been fighting the port and starboard sliding salon doors since we purchased our 40 NSC in January. The sliding door hardware (track and hangers) were steel and had been welded (fixed) before. They were so difficult to open as they would "stick" at multiple points. My wife couldn't even open the doors. I searched everywhere online to find quality replacement hardware. I was successful in finding a perfect solution! A system that with a little work has made our sliding doors on Kindred Spirit work perfectly again. The new track is heavy anodized aluminum and the hanging hardware is stainless steel. The quality is 1000 times better than the original hardware! The link to purchase this hardware is here:

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/e11401.m1842.l5919/7?euid=40cc4a8e337d413fa78085704993d058&bu=44534763589&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fvod%3Fitemid%3D161141545162%26transid%3D1565390463006&exe=16966&ext=43855&es=0&nqc=EEAABAACAABKgkIEKAAAAJQAAQIAAVABAogAABAQIEgAAAACKIAACAAAAAAAAKAAAIgAAAAABAAgBAAAAAAEIAAAAAAAAAACAgAAEAAQABQgAQABAgBAEAAAzgAAEBCCAAAhgAAAAAIIEAAAIAAAggAAAAAAAhAABKBIUAAAAIQAAAAAAAAAACgE&nqt=EEAAFAACAABKgkIEKAAAAJQAAQIAAVABAogABBAQIEgAAAACKIAACAAAAAAAAKAAAIgAAAAABAAgBAAAABAEIAAAAAAAAAACAgAAEAAQABQgAQADAgBAEAAAzgAAEBCCAAAhgAAAAAIIEAAAIAAAggAAAAABAhgABKBIUAAAAIQAAAAAAAAAACgE&ec=1&sojTags=es=es,nqc=nqc,nqt=nqt,ec=ec,exe=exe,ext=ext,bu=bu
Screen Shot 2017-07-03 at 6.08.49 AM.jpg
I'm sharing so other NSC owners may benefit. If you want more details on how to change the hardware to this new hardware just reach out to me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Kindred Spirit - 2006 Albin 40 North Sea Cutter Hull # 11
BlueMoon
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Channel Islands Harbor, CA

Re: 40' NSC Sliding Door Hardware

Post by BlueMoon »

Hello!
I may paint our side doors how in the world do you get them off??
Thanks! Matt
tbnolin
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart,FL

Post by tbnolin »

Hey there Matt! That was always my question. I wanted to change out one of the sliders....but how? Kindred is on your side of the coast...maybe he'll be able to help you out.

It was good to here from you. So glad you're still enjoying her! We miss the boating scene as boaters....but still see many boats going by every day. It helps us along....and hopefully will get us back into the boating groove!!
It's all about relaxation :)

Former owner of a 2006 40' NSC
wavedweller
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Ludlow, WA

Post by wavedweller »

Hi Matt, Sorry I just saw your post. The only way to remove and reinstall the doors on a 40 NSC is to make two small grooves in the bottom fiberglass door tracks that align with the stainless door guide pins embedded in the bottom of the door. When you do that the door will swing out allowing you to disconnect the door from the sliding track. The height of the door plus guide pins is taller then the opening between the upper and lower fiberglass tracks. After I removed the doors, removed the old tracks, installed the new tracks shown in this post, and hung the door on the new tracks, I used those two groves again to get the door back into the lower track. When I was all done and the doors were working perfectly, I repaired the two small grooves that I made.
Kindred Spirit - 2006 Albin 40 North Sea Cutter Hull # 11

Return to “36' Express Trawler, 40' North Sea Cutter, 26' Center Console”