• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Wood Interior? 40 NSC

BlueMoon
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Channel Islands Harbor, CA

Wood Interior? 40 NSC

Post by BlueMoon »

Hello,
I have what I was told was hull number 1 of the 40 ft North Sea Cutter. I was hoping to do some woodwork and have yet to figure out what the veneer is that they used for the interior. It is a light honey color and will post some pics once I figure this thing out.
I am new to the Board, but have enjoyed reading it for the last few days. Any thoughts would be appreciated!!

Matt

Blue Moon
Channel Islands, CA
TomA
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: PUNTA GORDA FL.

Re: Wood Interior? 40 NSC

Post by TomA »

Matt, the interior door & cabinet trim on our 1999 32 + 2 is Cherry wood. I think that holds true for all Albin's of this vintage. Hope this helps. Tom A
joreyn
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Ludlow, WA

Post by joreyn »

Matt, I can cofirm that it is cherry. The floors are teak and holly. Nice to mmeet you at Poet's Cove.
Blue Moon
1999 36 Express Trawler
wavedweller
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Ludlow, WA

Post by wavedweller »

Hi Matt,

I have a 40' NSC hull number 11. We purchased it in January. Since then I have learned a lot. There are a number of unusual configurations on our 40s. If you have any questions reach out to me. I may be able to help.
Kindred Spirit - 2006 Albin 40 North Sea Cutter Hull # 11
tbnolin
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart,FL

Post by tbnolin »

Hey Matt!! Glad to see you've made it to the forum. As I think I mentioned way back....my repair work on that damaged interior was far, far from exceptable!!! I wish I could help you out....but I think you'll find, at least I hope, some answers here on the forum.
Hope you're still enjoying her on the left coast!
Tom
It's all about relaxation :)

Former owner of a 2006 40' NSC

Return to “36' Express Trawler, 40' North Sea Cutter, 26' Center Console”