• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

owners take on the alibin 26cc w/315 yanmar

GREGK
Mate
Mate

owners take on the alibin 26cc w/315 yanmar

Post by GREGK »

hey albin owners 26 cc w/315 yanmar on my short list.looking for opinions,problems,likes,dislikes,etc :?: any help would be appreciated
also looking at cape horn and silver hawk cc :roll:
GREGK
Mate
Mate

Post by GREGK »

:( wow nobody who is on this group ownes a 26 cc w/yanmar 315. :cry: with any opinion? :shock:
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

26CC

Post by RicM »

I'd be curious to know how many 26CC's were actually sold. It always struck me as kind of an odd offering from Albin. I'm sure it's well designed, and solidly built, but but just not really in the 'Albin' wheelhouse.
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

cdorage is one of our members with a 26. Feel free to send him a note. He hasn't been on th board in awhile.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
GREGK
Mate
Mate

Post by GREGK »

Ric i am looking at hull #127.it up in sandyhook area.
JackK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, Rhode Island

Post by JackK »

For info on the 26CC you should contact this outfit ...

This is the original developer of the 26cc. I believe he licensed Albin to provide the production but was the original developer. I cannot imagine that Albin produced 127 hulls so I'm betting that these guys produced quite a few before approaching Albin.

http://www.capecodmarineinc.com/

Hope this helps and Sorry I didn't see the post earlier.

Jack
former boat .. 2003 28 TE Flushdeck Dogonit
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

Hull #127 wouldn't likely be the 127th built boat. More likely it would be the 27th built boat.

Just a guess.
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Surprise

Post by RicM »

It actually looks like a really nice fishing boat. Frankly, I'm surprised they sold 27. It was never really marketed, it really didn't fit into the Albin line, and the vast majority of CC buyers are going to go outboard I would think. Where did they stuff a 315 into this thing? Knowing what I know now about diesels I would not shy away from it, but the average fishing fanatic is going to be thinking outboard.
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
jcollins
In Memorium

Post by jcollins »

I agree that most will opt for the outboards. Can't understand why but they do like them. I'm sure price is a consideration. I have also been poking around other forums and there are complaints about the fit and finish on the newer Albins. Honestly I can't blame them. There are other inboard CC's out there that are beautiful boats. Since a sea trial seldom takes you offshore, pretty sells.

My faded out gel coat isn't pretty. But I go out when others are coming in.

If I was a serious angler the idea of outboards hanging off the back of the boat would just be in the way. Right?
John
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

IMHO, Whether it's 27 or 127 the way fuel prices are the diesel center console is just coming into it's own. At the Boston show people were climbing all over it. They tuck that power plant under the helm/helm seat. Albin / Cape Cod have a great product.

I believe Ric is right that the majority still think outboard. The 26CC, though not very Albin as we know it, could have filled a very tidy little niche if the boat market hadn't tanked.

Before my Albin I remember the 12.5 gph fuel burn I used to average with my CC & twin 200's. A guy a couple of berths down form me put in his new Shamrock with Yanmar power 8) this was just before Albin mainlined theirs . Since, for me, came the 28TE. A couple more Shamrock's have since appeared with diesel power and a couple of older oddball CC's with diesel power (all fisherman). Their is a market, though how large ????
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
jcollins
In Memorium

Post by jcollins »

Gregk,
Did you purchase yet?
Check out this

http://albinowners.net/aog/viewtopic.php?t=1393
John
GREGK
Mate
Mate

Post by GREGK »

thanks for the note.have not purchased yet still kicking props :D .going to ac boat show

Return to “36' Express Trawler, 40' North Sea Cutter, 26' Center Console”