• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

40' North Sea Cutter at Essex Island Marina

RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

40' North Sea Cutter at Essex Island Marina

Post by RobS »

She sure is pretty. Only one aboard was the little guy sitting port side so I was not able to introduce myself...

Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
George Fleming
Swabby
Swabby

Post by George Fleming »

The pictures you posted of the Albin 40 North Sea Cutter were of our boat. The name is Morning’s Light and we took delivery of her May 27 of last year and we dock her at Dutch Wharf Marina in Branford Ct. We were on vacation and went into Essex Island marina for a short hall to find out why we had water 1” deep on the forward cabin deck. One does not fool around when you have water where it does not belong.

Having been boating for 40 years you would think that I would have had the sense to taste the water to see if it was fresh or salt. It turned out that the marina where I stored for the winter (not Dutch Wharf) did not flush antifreeze up to the anchor wash down system and the fixed pipe had cracked. Every time that we used fresh water it was pumping under the forward cabin bunk.

Over all we are pleased with the boat. It had problems initially most of which Albin took care of before they closed. Poor quality stainless steel bolts in the swim platform that needed to be replaced. Bad check valves in the bilge pumping system which prevented the pumps from working.

We cruise the boat at 2700 rpm and average 16 knots.

If we cross paths again please come aboard and have a drink

Good boating

George Fleming and Mary Jo Kramer
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Very nice looking boat. Cute bird too. Seems to fit right in.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

Too bad we did not get a chance too meet. Glad to see the problem was located and not too involved. Hopefully we'll see you at EIM in 2009, see the Topic for the 2009 Third Annual Rendezvous.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.

Return to “36' Express Trawler, 40' North Sea Cutter, 26' Center Console”