• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Owners Manuals

CarlMischka
Gold Member
Gold Member

Owners Manuals

Post by CarlMischka »

Hi all, hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends. We did. Does anyone have a copy (or source) for Albin Manual for 36 Express Trawler? I would be happy to pay for copies or new...schematics, layout beneath decks, specs, vendor eqippment list, etc. Thanks for any input. Carl, Keystone 36 ET-#117 lying New Bern Grand Marina, NC.
I am the new owner of Albin 36FT Hull 127, moving her from Rose Haven, MD to New Bern, NC this weekend and would like to participate with your group. Thanks.
zinbaad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Owners Manuals

Post by zinbaad »

Welcome, maybe post up in general section for more action.
"MAHALO"
31 Tournament Edition
Hull#223 oop's
Twin 315's
Baysideanglers.com
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

CarlMischka wrote:Hi all, hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends. We did. Does anyone have a copy (or source) for Albin Manual for 36 Express Trawler? I would be happy to pay for copies or new...schematics, layout beneath decks, specs, vendor eqippment list, etc. Thanks for any input. Carl, Keystone 36 ET-#117 lying New Bern Grand Marina, NC.
Hi Carl,
Happy Thanksgiving to you!
Albin didn't really have owners manuals for each model. But, there are a couple of things you can do.

1.) I noticed the new albin website had a link to request manuals. Then it was gone. I'm assuming they are working on them and a call to Albin may help. The advertised price, at the time, was 50.00.

2.) Mariner has the same boat? Perhaps he has documentation that he could share. Send him a note.

By the way, this is posted in the correct forum.

Thanks,
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

If you read around the site, you will find that Albin is quite notorious for the fact that they did not create owners manuals for their boats. Fred Peters' explanation was that their boats are semi-custom builds and no two are alike. "Do you get a manual when you buy a new home?" is what he used to say.

Now, we can debate the validity of his argument, or the underlying flaws with his production methods that created this dilema, but at the end of the day, the answer is the same; no, there are no manuals. And since the 36' Express Trawler is discontinued and is likely to remain as such, it is extremely unlikely that a manual will ever be created. Even for the models that Bladen is picking up, I wouldn't expect any manuals produced to apply to older models. I would expect new Albins produced in Bladen's North Carolina to differ greatly from those produced by Albin in Rhode Island, since they are essentially starting from scratch, in a new facility, with a different team of fabricators and a drastically different corporate culture.

Having spent a few years crawling all over our 36' Express Trawler, I would be more than happy to share with you what I have uncovered. I've done my best to post everything useful I find here on this site. One example would be the wiring diagram I posted last year:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=925

This diagram is a perfect example of variations from boat to boat. I know for a fact that the third battery bank was added by the dealer, so it's unlikely that it matches your boat exactly, but there may be some similarities.

Another example would be the fuel curves I posted back in 2006. I will be updating this thread with the newer data soon.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=925

Return to “36' Express Trawler, 40' North Sea Cutter, 26' Center Console”