• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Palm Beach model

schek

Palm Beach model

Post by schek »

Hi, All,

I'm brand new to boating and have been looking at various Albin models. Some of my "want list" items are 1) a boat in the 30+ foot range, 2) diesel engines, 3) good cabin space/amenities for cruising - sometimes with another couple and 4) good engine compartment access. I'm in fairly good shape except for my knees so being able to access filters, oil, batteries, etc. is pretty important.

I've had the Albin "Palm Beach" model (a 37' fast trawler-type boat) recommended to me. But my searches on this forum has not yielded even one result. Does anyone have any knowledge of this model? Pros/cons? There are several of them for sale but I can't find any owner's feedback.

Any help or other suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Steve
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: Palm Beach model

Post by jcollins »

Hi Steve,
Welcome to AOG. Beautiful Albin model. I have no first hand knowledge of the boat. Best advice I could offer would be to go onboard. There are a couple I have seen that are well advertised on the Internet. One in Florida and the other in Baltimore.

Where do you live?
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
schek

Post by schek »

Hi, John,

I'm in Minnesott Beach, NC. Almost equidistant between New Bern and Morehead City.

Hopefully, some of the owners will have seen one of the Palm Beaches or could recommend another model to meet my criteria.

Thanks,
Steve
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

I'd never heard of the "Plam Beach" model, but I did a keyword search on Yachtworld and discovered that, yes, for a few years in the 80's, Albin did make a "Palm Beach" variant of their trawlers. The ones I see listed appear to be either 37' or 48', and are designated as "Fast Trawlers" and tout speeds up to 19 knots. They do somewhat appear to be precursers to the Express Trawler model produced more recently. We may have to adjust our topics. I can't decide if these would fall under the Classic Trawlers forum, or this forum.

Either way, if you're interested in seeing ones that are listed for sale, go to www.yachtworld.com and type in "Albin Palm Beach" in the keyword box.
CarlMischka
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CarlMischka »

Sheck, I have a 36 Express Trawler "Keystone" lying Sheraton/Hilton Marina in New Bern...will be at River Dunes weekend of June 26 - 28. Let me know if she is the model you are looking for and I'll be happy to have you aboard. 2003 model, single CAT with thruster, master forward, spacious guest berth, stand up shower, etc. Full instrumentation flybridge and salon, runs economical at trawler speeds, lotsa fuel burn to get to 23 - 15 knots. I like her...also looked at sister ship in FL and some others before buying Dulciana last summer. My email off-site is Albin36ET@aol.com. Carl
I am the new owner of Albin 36FT Hull 127, moving her from Rose Haven, MD to New Bern, NC this weekend and would like to participate with your group. Thanks.
Albinflorida
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Bradenton, FL

Post by Albinflorida »

The Palm Beach was indeed a 37' model made back in the 80's. A good looking boat with the master cabin forward and a small guest cabin / storage aft. Most were built with bigger twin diesels to make it a fast trawler or motoryacht. The current 40 is a bigger version of that boat, but not built to the same standards.
Doug J
Edwards Yacht Sales
941-504-0790
marvwein
Swabby
Swabby

Post by marvwein »

Hi: I have a 1987 Albin Palm Beach that I am interested in selling. It is lovated on Long Island Sound. It is a one owner boat in great condition. If you have any interest you can contact me at Peppercorn@erols.com.

Marvin
TheJudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TheJudge »

I had looked at several of these on the internet and they are a classic looking vessel. I was concerned about all the maintenance on the exterior wood as I am more into no outside wood. But on a classic trawler they almost all had the teak. It was part of the look. We made at least 7 trips in our search for the perfect boat. We just treated them like mini vacations either flying or driving and mixing in sightseeing at or near the various locations. Several were an absolute bust but we still had fun because it was not just about seeing the boat. I have never seen a boat that did not look good in a photo but I can spot a dog walking down the dock. And you can ask these brokers and hardly any of them will tell you it is an abused piece of junk. I tell them I am looking for Bristol condition given the age of the boat and please do not waste my time and money if this boat does not show well. And still I have been stung because some folks idea of clean is not like mine. Remember, half the fun is in the looking. Once you commit your troubles/joys begin. :mrgreen: I go to survey my choice on the 19th. My stomach is already in a knot about writing that check. And don't even mention the problems with shipping it. I will be glad when it is all over.
marvwein
Swabby
Swabby

Post by marvwein »

If you are still looking for this boat I have a 1987 with low hours, which I bought new. It has twin 210-Cummins engines, a hard top and many other custom features. The boat is in Stamford, CT and it is in beautiful condition. Give me a call at 203-329-6540 or 9914-523-6564 or e-mail marvinweinstein@sbcglobal.net

Return to “36' Express Trawler, 40' North Sea Cutter, 26' Center Console”