• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

36' Albin Express Trawler draft

joreyn
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Ludlow, WA

Re: 36' Albin Express Trawler draft

Post by joreyn »

The 36ET has a folding mast. With the mast lowered the Bridge clearance is 11 feet 10 inches, and with the mast up, it is a little over 18 feet. The draft is right around 5 feet.
Blue Moon
1999 36 Express Trawler
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

The draft is 4'9" with the single, and under 4' with the twins. I've personally observed the boat's attitude in the water shift as much as 1' depending on loading. I never take the boat in water less than 10' deep. You never know when there will be a rock, sunken boat, or sea trash of some sort down there that could pop up at any moment.
Albinflorida
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Bradenton, FL

Post by Albinflorida »

Mariner wrote:The draft is 4'9" with the single, and under 4' with the twins. I've personally observed the boat's attitude in the water shift as much as 1' depending on loading. I never take the boat in water less than 10' deep. You never know when there will be a rock, sunken boat, or sea trash of some sort down there that could pop up at any moment.

WOW If you never took the boat in less than 10' here in Florida, you couldn't leave the dock! Must be a wonderfull thing out in Washington. Deep water and incredible scenery. Oh well. I guess we will just have to put up with the heat.
Doug J
Edwards Yacht Sales
941-504-0790
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

Yeah, I get nervous whenever the depth gets below about 50' unless I am intimately familiar with the area. We have boulders that are often in excess of 10' in diameter, and rocky reefs that can pop up hundreds of feet, and, of course, are always JUST below the surface at low tide. Everything's charted and marked very well, but still, when the consequence of a grounding is almost surely a sinking, you don't mess around with shallow water.

I'm also extra careful because the boat is actually owned by my parents. It would be a tough thing to say to my folks, "Sorry dad, I was cruising at 10 knots through 20' of water and sank your quarter-million dollar boat."

Return to “36' Express Trawler, 40' North Sea Cutter, 26' Center Console”