• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Soft Top vs. Hard Top

yhc
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Whittier, AK

Soft Top vs. Hard Top

Post by yhc »

Good evening,

I am considering installing a canvas enclosure on my North Sea Cutter fly bridge. Then I recalled seeing "Morning's Light" w/ a factory installed hardtop.
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1962&p=11789&hilit ... ter#p11789

The hard top looks pretty slick and I like it. How hard would it be and how much would it cost to install something like that? Would it be worth awhile to contact Albin to see whether they would fabricate the top or is this something a local shop could fabricate if I can find a fiberglass fabricator?

Any input/thoughts would be appreciated.

Regards,

yhc
Engineer6
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Formerly Windmill Harbor, SC

Re: Soft Top vs. Hard Top

Post by Engineer6 »

We have a factory installation on our 2000 model 36 TE. It greatly extends the boating season. The install was done by original owner in Mass. Have no idea as to cost. After 10 years zero maint. on the top.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
yhc
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Whittier, AK

Re: Soft Top vs. Hard Top

Post by yhc »

She looks great! Thanks for the info, Engineer6.

Regards,

yhc

Return to “36' Express Trawler, 40' North Sea Cutter, 26' Center Console”