• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

looking to buy nsc 40

SANDY FINK

looking to buy nsc 40

Post by SANDY FINK »

I'am looking a demo 06 40north sea cutter, she is lying in Porthsmouth, R.I. @ Eastern Yacht Sales. She has only 32hrs demo time but has extensive water damage from leaking portlights. The high gloss finish has lifted in many areas and also the teak floors. Structure wise she looks fine but the teak cap rails have also lifted its varnish. I'am concerned that the damaged panels and floor will never match the factory finish and thus kill any resale value. The dealer says I'am on my own with no factory support. Has anyone experienced the same and are you happy with the boat otherwise!
tomcat
First Mate
First Mate

Re: looking to buy nsc 40

Post by tomcat »

Hey there Sandy! My wife and I just bought an '06 similar to what you are taking about. Our port holes had the same thing and some of the teak flooring has some dark stains on it. We have since fixed the water problem and continue to tinker with the cosmetics. Right now we're in the process of sanding down the outside railing and it's turning out really nice. So far we have not regretted buying the boat. Very comfortable and easy to drive. Send me a PM and we can talk more.

Tom
Tom Nolin
40'NSC
Bennington, Vermont
yhc
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Whittier, AK

Post by yhc »

Good evening Sandy and welcome aboard!

Luckily my NSC does not have any significant leak or water damage to speak of. Overall I am very satisfied w/ the boat and how she handles sea.

As Tom points out once you fix the source(s) of the problem you should be able to do a "face lift" and correct any cosmetic damages. Also you can submit an offer accordingly if you find all other aspects of the boat acceptable. I would definitely hire surveyors for both the hull and engines. You are welcome to PM me as well.

Regards,

yhc
SANDY FINK

Post by SANDY FINK »

Had my offer rejected outright on the 06 ncs at Eastern Yacht Sales. I thought it was a fair offer considering the damage and what others were selling for but the broker said don"t even bother making a counter offer. I guess I have to keep up the search. : :(
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RicM »

May I inquire as to the dollar amounts?
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
Albinflorida
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Bradenton, FL

Post by Albinflorida »

I know of an owner of a 2006 40NSC, in Florida, hull # 12 or 14 I believe, whom is interested in selling their boat . Not officially on the market yet, but they will sell. It is a nice boat with the issues resolved. It is a Cummins 370 boat, very well equipped. Let me know if there is interest.
Doug J
Edwards Yacht Sales
941-504-0790

Return to “36' Express Trawler, 40' North Sea Cutter, 26' Center Console”