• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Number of 36ET built ?

afrayedknot
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Goose Pond Marina, Scottsboro, AL (TN River Mi 378)

Number of 36ET built ?

Post by afrayedknot »

Does anyone know how many 36' Express Trawlers Abin built? What was the last model year?
Bob on "A Frayed Knot" 36ET
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Re: Number of 36ET built ?

Post by RobS »

I do not know but what year and hull number do you have?
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
afrayedknot
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by afrayedknot »

My 2002 ET36 is hull number 125 which I understand is the 25th built. I think they were built in 1999 through year 2004 or 2005, and am interested to find out if that is correct and how many 36ET's there actually are. I'm thinking that number is as few as 50.
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

I believe about 33 were built. I've identified 23 boats by their name and sale history. The first was Indigo, hull number 100, built in 1999. The last was probably the Barbara G, built in 2005. She may have been the only one built that year. We own hull #130 (a 2003), and viewed #131 (a 2004) at the same time. There may have been more, but they aren't Coast Guard documented and have not been resold through a broker.
ScubaPete
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Seaford, Virginia

Post by ScubaPete »

Do the hull numbers start over for each model year? I know my hull number is 003 (not an Albin) ....... and didn't think it was the third hull ever made for this model, just that particular model year.
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

ScubaPete wrote:Do the hull numbers start over for each model year? I know my hull number is 003 (not an Albin) ....... and didn't think it was the third hull ever made for this model, just that particular model year.
Typically, no, they are progressive over the life of the model. However, for certain high production boats, I can imagine they would start over each year.
afrayedknot
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by afrayedknot »

Mariner: Would you mind telling me how you have been able to identify those 36ET's without a ship's name or Coast Guard Number? Is there a site that contains hull numbers? By the way I think I saw that "Indigo" is for sale. Thanks.
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

I am a yacht broker and have access to Yachtworld's database of sold and for sale boats. I don't believe Indigo is for sale right now. According to public USCG documentation information, it is owned by Blue Sea Systems, which is a well known manufacturer of marine electrical system components; the same brand used in the manufacture of Albin boats, at least at the time the 36ET's were built.

Return to “36' Express Trawler, 40' North Sea Cutter, 26' Center Console”