• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

36 2001 Express Trawler

joreyn
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Ludlow, WA

Re: 36 2001 Express Trawler

Post by joreyn »

The usual culprit is a drain hole on the aft end of the flying bridge on the starboard side. If that hole gets plugged, water accumulates and migrates into the storage locker at the aft end of the flying bridge, and then flows down though a wiring chase into the galley area below. It's important to make sure that all of the drains are kept open and free flowing. That is true on all boats.

You can prevent water from going down as described by taking a piece of tubing, splitting it and then installing in into the hole with the wires inside it. You then use caulk or insulating foam to seal around the outside of the tube and seal the split in the tube. It's probably a good idea to do this. I had a couple of instances when I was clean the flying bridge and the drain just wasn't keeping up with the rinse water from my hose. This fix did the trick.

Also, make sure that the weep holes on the bottom of the window frames are free of any clogs. The windows can be a problem too. Rain water needs to have a place to go safely, or it will hurt your boat.
Blue Moon
1999 36 Express Trawler

Return to “36' Express Trawler, 40' North Sea Cutter, 26' Center Console”