• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

NSC 40

jerseyalbin

NSC 40

Post by jerseyalbin »

I need to fix a spot in my forward cabin where water has done some damage to the shelf under the port there. I have a friend helping who has good idea just overlaying new wood and making a small area to put wallet ,sunglasses etc. where they will not fall off. His big question is what kind of wood is it and can we get any? Since it was made in China, unlikely we can find any . Does anyone have any idea what kind of wood? Looks like a tiger maple or something?
Craig
NSC 40
tbnolin
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart,FL

Re: NSC 40

Post by tbnolin »

Geez, I wish I could help you Craig. We haven't had any luck finding the same stuff that's on the interior. We have a few water stains that we would like to fix/replace and we're still "in search of". Let me know how you make out. I'll keep my eyes and ears open.

Tom
It's all about relaxation :)

Former owner of a 2006 40' NSC
jerseyalbin

Post by jerseyalbin »

A friend has a book which has all variety of woods available I will keep you posted if find anything.
Maybe when you are in St Lucia you can look around, they have alot of trees.
Craig
Albin NSC40
tbnolin
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart,FL

Post by tbnolin »

HOT DOGGIE! I'm heading to the islands!!
It's all about relaxation :)

Former owner of a 2006 40' NSC

Return to “36' Express Trawler, 40' North Sea Cutter, 26' Center Console”