• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Anchor guide for 40' NSC

yhc
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Whittier, AK

Anchor guide for 40' NSC

Post by yhc »

While my boat was moored in the harbor someone hit her near the bow pulpit rendering anchor guide inoperable.

I would like to see whether any of you might have a lead on where I can purchase a replacement part. Any info would be appreciated.

Regards,

yhc
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: Anchor guide for 40' NSC

Post by DougSea »

May have been a custom part, fabricated in China. Have you taken it to a welder? They might be able to repair it at modest cost.

Lewmar and Imtra both make rollers, hard to tell without the side view but one of the Imtra's might fit:

http://www.imtra.com/downloadTypes/Anchor_Rollers.pdf
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
jerseyalbin

Post by jerseyalbin »

YHC, I will check mine to see if there are any markings on it, I do not think so, I think Doug is correct it was a Chinese part. I also do not think it is any thing special and should be replaceable. i wanted to add a longer piece to protect the fiberglass of the pulpit.
Did the offending party admit to the damage?
I should be able to get a look tomorrow and will post again.

Jersey NSC 40
yhc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by yhc »

Thanks for the replies guys. A local steel fabrication shop has straightened it out for me since I posted this message...bunch of nice folks. It should get me going as is but I would like to find the source for one for my future reference.

The piece is quite stout and I think you are both right in that it must be something the boat builder must have fabricated on site as I could not find anything close to it on any of the catalogs.

JerseyAlbin,

Unfortunately this is a case of "hit and run" where no one has come forward thus far. I have reported it to the harbor master but am not so optimistic about finding out who the offender is....

Thanks again. Enjoy the long weekend and remember those who have fallen for our freedom.

Regards,

yhc
jerseyalbin

Post by jerseyalbin »

Great , glad it is solved it would have taken a big boat or a solid hit to do that. I did check mine for grins and it is not marked but it is very heavy!!
What type of anchor are you using up there? I have the stainless imitation of a hinged plow or CQR type. It appears to be a good 40 plus pounds but it is a generic anchor. It made my surveyor nervous as it appears to be a Chinese imitation, but looks very strong. Any thoughts?
yhc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by yhc »

Sorry for the late reply but I was on the water for a few days since the last post. Thanks for checking on it jerseyalbin. It appears we have the same type of anchor that came w/ the boat. Not sure who made it but I would not be surprised if it is also made in China as these boats were built there (I have attached a picture off of another NSC that's listed on yachtworld as a reference).

Recently I was anchored in a cove out of VHF range when a storm front came through unexpectedly. Despite the 5 day forecast of "10 kt wind w/ 2 ft seas" some wicked wind blew with gusts up to 40-45 mph for about 18 hrs. Thankfully the anchor held.... I surely don't want to test out the system like that again but the anchor worked for me as advertised.

Regards,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
jerseyalbin

Post by jerseyalbin »

Thanks I am glad you tested it instead of me, I thought you might see some opportunities up there in Alaska! It looks strong and is a classic design.

Glad it worked for you!!

Craig
Albin NSC 40
tbnolin
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart,FL

Post by tbnolin »

Ditto on what Craig said!!! Haven't had any real opportunities to give the anchor a good testing. My day will come, I'm sure!!
It's all about relaxation :)

Former owner of a 2006 40' NSC

Return to “36' Express Trawler, 40' North Sea Cutter, 26' Center Console”