• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

What made you do it

woogie4fur
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Annapolis

What made you do it

Post by woogie4fur »

We have to sell our 2001 36 ET. Wondering from those who just bought or just sold, what were the things that clinched the deal for you. For example,we still have the original RayMarine GPS and radar. Should we upgrade or supplement. Our dink broke. Should we get a new one. Do you think people want T Cummins 330 B like ours or is that going to be a detriment. Any ideas appreciated
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: What made you do it

Post by DougSea »

I can't speak directly to the 36ET but I can tell you, based on my selling of our 28TE and other boats...you will not likely recover the cost of any "upgrades", much less make a profit on them.

As long as the boat is clean and well maintained you've done all you really can.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

I agree with Doug, upgrades are not a good investment for reselling. However, anything broken or in need of replacement should be taken care of. Even the most minor thing that should have been replaced and was not replaced is a sign of general neglect. That will only generate doubt about the overall maintenance. The same applies to keeping it cleaner than the average boat. For the purpose of the sale, in my opinion money spent on fixing anything "broken" and on a professional detailer would be better spent than money spent on upgrading something that is functioning but older.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

I agree with Doug and Rob. Clean, clean, clean.
Remove all your stuff. Prospective buyers don't want to see alot of stuff on board. It makes the cabin look smaller. Personal "touches" are really just personal to you. The last boat I sold, I removed everything, except 4 matching plates (glass) and 4 glasses.
Outdated electronics are not that big of a deal. Think of boats at a boat show. Not much stuff.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"

Return to “36' Express Trawler, 40' North Sea Cutter, 26' Center Console”