• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

refueling

txsurbrook
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: houston

refueling

Post by txsurbrook »

When refueling on a 36 ET with 3 tanks can you fill from one side, or is best to fuel equral amounts from both sides?
joreyn
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Ludlow, WA

Re: refueling

Post by joreyn »

I've never found it necessary to fill from both sides. The tanks are plumbed together, and they distribute the fuel pretty rapidly. I installed Flo-scans with fuel totalizers last year and they are pretty well dialed in. At the end of our last cruise a couple of weeks ago, we put in 95 gallons per the totalizers. Waited a few minutes and tried to add more, on the theory that the tanks might take a while to equalize. I got maybe 2 more gallons in before it was full. Checked the fuel gauge 45 minutes later after we docked and unloaded the boat. Gauge was still pinned on full. My former boat, a Grand Banks, had two tanks but only one fuel fill. Never had a problem with them failing to equalize.
Blue Moon
1999 36 Express Trawler
txsurbrook
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: houston

Post by txsurbrook »

Thanks for the info. the last owner, left no books on the Albin it self. At least there are books on everthing else. Slowly I'm learning about Salty Dog.
joreyn
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Ludlow, WA

Post by joreyn »

I don't think there ever was a book. They relied on the dealers to train new owners, which does not help us much. I've had Blue Moon for 4 years, and I'm still learning. But not to worry. They are great boats, and you'll have many years of enjoyment with her. I love all the compliments we get.
Blue Moon
1999 36 Express Trawler

Return to “36' Express Trawler, 40' North Sea Cutter, 26' Center Console”