• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Express Trawler fuel Economy (Single Cat 3126B)

Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Express Trawler fuel Economy (Single Cat 3126B)

Post by Mariner »

I thought I would share the data we gathered on our boat shortly after purchasing it. This is a 2003 36' Express Trawler model with a single Caterpillar 3126B diesel. The bottom had been freshly cleaned and painted and a brand new zinc applied to the propeller shaft.

Other than that, the details are below:

<dead link>edit: the information referenced in this thread, along with additional data, has been re-posted in a new thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5330
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

Oh, and perhaps this would be good information to include as well:

<dead link>
museler

To Mariner on performance figures

Post by museler »

Thanks for posting the data. I am buying a 2001 Express Trawler w. a single 3126B Caterpillar - same as yours.

Could you share the Prop Diameter and Pitch w. me ???? Mine is a 26 x 22 and the boat topped out @ 2750 rpm and 15 kts. during sea trials w. full tanks, a clean bottom, and 6 people on board.

Bill Museler
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

Skipper says it's a 20" x 22" four blade.

For some reason that doesn't quite seem right to me, as I was thinking the diameter was bigger than that. Either way, the pitch is 22". I'm going to double check it.
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

That info is from the survey done at purchase. The next time it's out of the water (probably next spring at the earliest) I'll double check it.
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

I ran some more trials today. It's quite obvious that as the boat has been laden with gear, and a little growth has accumulated on the hull, the performance has suffered considerably.

The most I was able to get out of it at 2,750 rpm and the trim tabs fully extended was 15 knots. I'm having trouble getting the new data uploaded, but I have all sorts of new graphs and tables.
krc
Mate
Mate

Re: Express Trawler fuel Economy (Single Cat 3126B)

Post by krc »

Any chance the images can be re-posted? For some reason, I do not see them... thanks!
Treanor
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Long Beach

Re: Express Trawler fuel Economy (Single Cat 3126B)

Post by Treanor »

Mariner, I am looking at a Express 36 with a 420 caterpillar diesel. i have no way of knowing what the fuel usage might be at trawler speed, 8kts and 10kts. I would very much appreciating this info prior to making an offer. Because of the hull design (displacement vs semi-displacement) I anticipate it will be much less fuel efficient than the Nordic Tugs. Do you have an idea of what to expect?

The fuel efficiency data seem to be missing/deleted from your prior post or I just don't know how to access it.
Just joined the forum and am having some difficulties navigating through the posts, so would prefer you respond directly to me off the forum at dick.sensei@gmail.com. However, I am receiving posts from the board as well and have received infor. from 2 of the Albin 36 owners.
Dick

Return to “36' Express Trawler, 40' North Sea Cutter, 26' Center Console”