• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

40 NSC: water tankage help

tbnolin
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart,FL

Re: 40 NSC: water tankage help

Post by tbnolin »

There is one tank in the aft cabin where I mentioned and I assume that's the sender that goes through the top....the same goes for the forward tanks that are under the engine room floor boards.
Have you had any luck?
It's all about relaxation :)

Former owner of a 2006 40' NSC
ws1047
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Longboat Key, FL

Post by ws1047 »

Tom,

Am aware of aft cabin sender, which I beleive is for what I call the "center" fuel tank. Am unaware of the engine room/floorboard locaction you mention. Can you be more specific as to which floor boards? This may be just the info I need to attack my gauge problem. Also, any thoughts on water tank senders? Looks to me that they are atop the tanks, but in order to reach them, I'd have to cut access ports in aft cockpit floor, which I'm disinclined to do.

Many thanks for your help. Hope yours was a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year,

Whit Sibley
NSC "Cadence"
JerseyNSC40
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mantoloking, NJ

Post by JerseyNSC40 »

There are differences in the boats Toms has #1, which may have some variations we do not have on the other models. Our boat seems to come closer to the drawings where the 4 water tanks are accessible from the aft cockpit hatch where generator is but the senders are almost impossible to get to. My aft deck can be removed, not easily I am sure, but it is screwed down all around, I believe it was replaced at some point?
The only floor access we have in the aft cabin is under the stairs to the small bilge are and the 100 gallon aft fuel tank. Mine was inconsistent and got lucky when I improved the ground and it worked again. I think the only access I have to fuel senders would be by taking out the white metal corrugated walls that cover those port and starboard saddle tanks.
Good Luck Craig
AlbinNSC40
Craig
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

How many of the 40 NSC were built? Like most of the Albin's 2006 must be close to the end of their production. Was trying to determine where they were built?
whwells "Howard"
JerseyNSC40
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mantoloking, NJ

Post by JerseyNSC40 »

A good guess would be 10-12 were built and the last seem to be about 2006 or 2007. I am guessing basing it on people I have met here with the NSC 40. According to my surveyor they were built off a Raymond Hunt 37 foot hull design, they were stretched to 40 off inhouse drawings. They were built at Floshan Poly Marine and Engineering Company in mainland China. Floshan is now Poly Marine and Engineering Co and they specialize in large steel commercial boats. Some of this is evident in the 2 1/2 in shaafts, huge rudder stocks, 14 tons and very substantial hulls. The finishing was in Portsmouth and all plumbing, electrical etc is US manufacturing.

The drawings I gave Tom were accurate for my fuel tanks 3 in total, 160 gal port and starboard (rectangular shaped lying right inder the deck about midship. Senders are not reachable in my experience so far. I do not worry about them as there are site gauges on the 2 big tanks which are very accurate. Under aft sole is another 80 gallons of fuel and it is accessible by hatch under aft stairs, sender right on top.

I also have 200 gallons of water capacity all aft and accessible from the aft hatch where generator is. There is a large and small tank on each side totaling 100 each side.

Craig

Craig
AlbinNSC40
Craig
tbnolin
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart,FL

Post by tbnolin »

Nicely done Craig....nicely done :). Glad to hear you are still enjoying the 40. I do miss her at times :(
It's all about relaxation :)

Former owner of a 2006 40' NSC

Return to “36' Express Trawler, 40' North Sea Cutter, 26' Center Console”