• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

zinc's

joreyn
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Ludlow, WA

Re: zinc's

Post by joreyn »

Go2marine.com has the Navalloy pencil anodes.
Blue Moon
1999 36 Express Trawler
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

All Zincs Changed. This was done at the last post. The diver did everything including the bow thrusters. Engine zincs were done the previous trip up. All at once these are costly. Looks like my time rate is about every 6 months.
Again I asked about alum. one of choice. The diver says I can get them, but they don't work as well. Still think he is just old fashion. When alum. is the only one of choice in the Puget Sound area he will sing another song.
Plan to give this some serious thought before the next change. Tells me he can get alum. for the engines as well.
whwells "Howard"
joreyn
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Ludlow, WA

Post by joreyn »

If you are having to change the zinc anodes that often, you might want to use larger anodes. But the good news is they are obviously working. I think Go2Marine.com's prices for the Navalloy aluminum zincs is pretty good. The available information is that the aluminum ones will last 50% to 60% longer. My experience was at 10 months my zinc anodes need replacement. The aluminum ones were replaced at 14 months and they were not really worn out. I might have made it to 16 months, but the boat was out of the water for bottom paint, so they were replaced at that time.
Blue Moon
1999 36 Express Trawler
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

John: We can talk more about Alum. at the meet but I am thinking of making the change next time they are due.
whwells "Howard"

Return to “36' Express Trawler, 40' North Sea Cutter, 26' Center Console”