• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Express Trawler 36 and 33+3 differences?

neskipper
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: winthrop, ma

Express Trawler 36 and 33+3 differences?

Post by neskipper »

Hello List,

I hope to be a new owner of an ET36 soon. Two are for sale that interest me on Yachtworld. One is a 33+3 model the other a 36. Both of these are 2001 vintage and in the single engine configuration. Are there any differences in these model names? Anyone know of any other for sale that have not made it to Yachtworld yet?

Thanks for your help!

Bill W.
Boston.
marko
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New Bern, NC

Re: Express Trawler 36 and 33+3 differences?

Post by marko »

Interesting question. Mine is a 2001, built in mid to late 2000. The side markings just say Albin Express Trawler, but I believe I've seen 33+3 markings on other boats, of what year, I don't know. My CG documentation doesn't say, just 36 ft length. In my purchase package, there is a copy of the previous lender's reference which shows 33+3. We'll see if the other ET's have additional info. Happy hunting.
AK_Albin36
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Whittier, Alaska

Post by AK_Albin36 »

No difference other than the number on the side. All the 36ETs are a 33 ft hulls to the cockpit transom, with a +3 ft integrated swim step. After about 2001, they decided to market it as a 36. The hull serial numbers still all start with AUL33...

I don't know of any for sale other than those listed on YW. As you will read on this board, they are great boats for the money, and fairly economical to run if you don't mind cruising at 8 knots. I don't think you'll find an owner who runs theirs as a planing hull (15-18 knots) more than 10% of the time. Check out the "Albin 36 ET Registry of Hull Numbers " post for a list of all 33 boats that were built.
2004 Albin 36 ET "EvenTide"
Single Cat 3126B 450
Whittier, Alaska
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

AK_Albin36 wrote: ...The hull serial numbers still all start with AUL33...
Sounds similar to the 35 Command Bridge, the hull number still starts with AUL32 since it evolved from the 32 and then the 32+2
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
neskipper
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: winthrop, ma

Post by neskipper »

Thanks so much for the replies! I will let the list know as soon as I become an owner. All the best!
sandylee
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Portsmouth, RI

Post by sandylee »

Haven't been here in a while, hope all are well. I have a 2004 36 ET, might have been the last one built and for the 2004 Annapolis Show. Addressing the prior comment on speed vs fuel consumption, I have twin 315 Yanmars and cruise at 15 kts using 11 gals/hr. Tops out at 20 kts, using 3X the fuel, obviously not doing that very often :). Buy it, best of luck.
sandylee
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Portsmouth, RI

Post by sandylee »

Just noticing, your home port Winthrop, MA. Grew up there, I was off Shore Drive, Mermaid Ave. Love to connect offline. Nostalgic. Thanks to the website and forum to connect.

Return to “36' Express Trawler, 40' North Sea Cutter, 26' Center Console”