• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

1999 36 Express Trawler Clearwater FL

forrestdiesel
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Pensacola

1999 36 Express Trawler Clearwater FL

Post by forrestdiesel »

Thank you for having me to the site, i'm looking at a 1999 36' Albin 36 Express Trawler in clearwater this weekend, it has a single 8.3 Cummins. "Blue Hull" do you Albin gurus have any info on this boat? why it hasn't sold or any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance for taking time to reply in this busy time were in.

Forrest DeMaria
seasalt
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: SW Florida

Re: 1999 36 Express Trawler Clearwater FL

Post by seasalt »

It was out of the water when I looked at it last summer. The boat is pretty weathered but I might have been interested at the right price. The broker said that the owner had already turned down offers higher than I had in mind. It has been on the market with several brokers for quite a while.

The big time deal killer is the boat has no protection for the prop. I just hangs down there waiting to hit the ground. No sand shoe or keel extending below the propeller level. As I stood beside it my jaw dropped because I could not believe that Albin would have built the boat that way. I now understand that the other ones I have heard about have a protected prop. It raised all sorts of ugly questions about why it is how it is so I did not pursue it.

One last issue that I noticed is that the hull side is cracked where the molded on swim platform meets it.
Ron
Hi Spirits (sold)
35 TE SF
Punta Gorda, FL
forrestdiesel
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Pensacola

Post by forrestdiesel »

thank you very much for the reply. saved me some time from making a trip down there this weekend. any of y'all know where i can find a 35 convertible or a nice 36 express? trying to become one of the elite, Albin owners are the elite
joreyn
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Ludlow, WA

Post by joreyn »

Check Yachtworld. There are two in the MD/VA area with the same broker. It's weird that there is no keel. I thought all of the singles had a large keel.
Blue Moon
1999 36 Express Trawler
seasalt
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: SW Florida

Post by seasalt »

Forrest,

Send me a PM. I may have a lead on a 36 ET.

Ron
Ron
Hi Spirits (sold)
35 TE SF
Punta Gorda, FL

Return to “36' Express Trawler, 40' North Sea Cutter, 26' Center Console”