• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

2004 express trawler linesplan

adaley7
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Newbridge, Newfoundland

2004 express trawler linesplan

Post by adaley7 »

Looking to build a trailer.

Does anyone have a set of lines or plans for a trailer?

Anything that could help will be appreciated.
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Re: 2004 express trawler linesplan

Post by whwells »

adaley7: This looks like an interesting undertaking. I have seen the 36 Albin et on dry dock. It is huge vessel it seems to me for a trailer. One problem is it is so tall with the flybridge it would not pass under most bridges.
If you are thinking some short distance for storage on the trailer that would be understandable. Perhaps you are in an area you can get from start to end point without going under an overpass or bridge.
Can you get the boat on stands so that you can take the necessary measurements - is that what you mean by line-span?
I am interested in your project. Have all the same issues with my 35te series. Have wondered if a trailer could be made and used for off season storage assuming a short distance and no height issues.
Please do keep us posted as to your progress. I do recall one of the members had a trailer for towing a 31te annually from the North to the South Flor.
Coast. However, that was a hardtop series and did not have the flybridge height of the ET series.

whwells "Howard"
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: 2004 express trawler linesplan

Post by Mariner »

The 36' Express Trawler will not fit under a standard overpass on the US highway system without removing the railings and windscreen on the flybridge, as well as lowering the radar mast. Also, it must travel bow-down with the keel almost touching the roadway. This means it typically is carried stern-forward, so that the bow can sit between the wheels at the stern, and it cannot negotiate steep changes in grade (such as on a launching ramp). I can't really imagine a trailer that would work for repeated, regular use on regular roads. Not to mention, the 14' beam requires both lead and follow vehicles and oversize load permits in every state.

Return to “36' Express Trawler, 40' North Sea Cutter, 26' Center Console”