• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

36 EXPRESS TRAWLER IN 2003 & 2004

whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

36 EXPRESS TRAWLER IN 2003 & 2004

Post by whwells »

Are the any members out there with information as to the number of 36' Express Trawler 's built in the years 2003 and 2004. The search continues.
whwells "Howard"
AK_Albin36
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Whittier, Alaska

Re: 36 EXPRESS TRAWLER IN 2003 & 2004

Post by AK_Albin36 »

Based on my research, only 4 36ETs were 2003-2004 model years. See the post on hull numbers. From the sequence of hulls and reported model years, it would seem they did not get finished in order. Of the 4, three are singles, and the last one was a twin screw. Two on the west coast, two on the east coast. Are you looking for a single or twin?
2004 Albin 36 ET "EvenTide"
Single Cat 3126B 450
Whittier, Alaska
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by whwells »

AK_Albin36: Will consider either if low and hours and clean. Have been in the twins so long I am not sure landing would be possible with a single.
So twin is first choice. Likely, will need to consider all 2000 years. Thank you for the information.
whwells "Howard"
AK_Albin36
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Whittier, Alaska

Post by AK_Albin36 »

This is the first inboard single that I have owned. The bow thruster, combined with the deep skeg installed on the singles, makes for one of the easiest dock handling boats I've ever run. Even at slow speeds she tracks well. The distance between the skeg and thruster creates a nice lever. Point and Shoot :) Selling points for me on the single were: skeg to protect the prop and rudder from logs, fuel economy/range, and lower maintenance. I will say though, if you envision spending your cruising time at speeds over 16 knots, you will need the twin screw. Most of us cruise at 8 knots, single or twin, I think. Maybe we can find out..... I'll post a separate question.
2004 Albin 36 ET "EvenTide"
Single Cat 3126B 450
Whittier, Alaska
Lenovo
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dana Point, California

Post by Lenovo »

With twin Yanmar I generally cruise between 8.5 and 9.5 knots which is a good tradeoff of fuel economy and turn of speed. At WOT, flat water, full fuel and water tanks it generally tops out at between 16 and 17!knots. With half tanks it has achieved 19. I much prefer the slower cruise.

Tony
Salty Dog
2001 Express Trawler
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by whwells »

Tony: How is towing at all spends with the twins. Jack Pady a former Albin Dealer told me some of these had steering issues and had to be returned to factory. Have not heard that elsewhere.
whwells "Howard"

Return to “36' Express Trawler, 40' North Sea Cutter, 26' Center Console”