• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Gray Water Tank

BlueMoon
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Channel Islands Harbor, CA

Gray Water Tank

Post by BlueMoon »

Hello,
We had a very strong rain finally in so cal. Water collected pretty badly in the bilge. Also, can't figure out how the gray water tank works. I am not used to them. Is there a pump to empty or does it just move over to the black water tank? Perhaps my gray water pump isn't working but I can't for the life of me find it...
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Matt
Jack
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essex CT

Re: Gray Water Tank

Post by Jack »

Gray water from your sinks should just exit the boat directly out a hose. The shower water goes to a pump under the sole in the cabin of the 28 TE. Take the carpet up and lift the access hatch. There should be a switch on your panel to operate it. When the pump breaks, some owners let the gray water flow into the forward bilge for that pump to get rid of it.
drbob
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Cape Harbour, Cape Coral, FL

Post by drbob »

The shower sump pump on the A28TE is in a plastic box under the deck you stand on when in the cabin. The pump itself is a "cartridge" type and costs about half what a full replacement of the box costs. BUT, if it's more than 10 years old, your better off changing the box ($150).

If the sump is broke and your camping out someplace on your boat, pull the drain hose and letting it overflow into the bilge will work fine, but not a long-term solution unless you can get used to the smell that will begin overwhelm the cabin. If you're at that point, pour a capful of "Marine Digest It" in the bilge to clean it. Use a couple capfuls in a bucket of water to clean the bilges. http://uniquemm.com/products/marine-dig ... deodorizer

Bob
2005 A28TE
tbnolin
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart,FL

Post by tbnolin »

Hey Matt!
I sent you an email last weekl....I hope you got it. If not let me know!
It's all about relaxation :)

Former owner of a 2006 40' NSC
BlueMoon
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Channel Islands Harbor, CA

Post by BlueMoon »

Yes! Thank you so much. I sent you an update on our progress. Figured the Gray water tank out!!
gspier
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, RI

Post by gspier »

Matt, Welcome the world of NSC 40. I don't believe it is your gray water tank that is leaking. During heavy rain I believe that water comes in through the port side square engine vent, that is located above the port side gray water tank. I have tried to rig some type of cover for the vent when not using the boat. I thought about making plexiglass cover that would be velcro to hold it in place. There is an upper bilge area that drains into then into the main bilge behind the engines. You should have an automatic bilge pump for that bilge. I regularly pump the gray water tank pretty much after every use. There is unique thru hull flapper valve towards the exterior of the thru hull that I lubricate when the boat is hauled. Feel free to PM me with any questions on the boat!! Great boats just have some unique systems on the boat.
Greg
NSC 40 Kot'ij
tbnolin
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart,FL

Post by tbnolin »

Hey Greg! Thanks for the input. Unique systems is saying it mildly!! Matt is trying to straighten things out and can use what ever knowledge you may have.
Tom
It's all about relaxation :)

Former owner of a 2006 40' NSC

Return to “36' Express Trawler, 40' North Sea Cutter, 26' Center Console”