• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

water heater elements

Mikecambrai
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Ramsgate, uk

water heater elements

Post by Mikecambrai »

Hi, I have an Albin 43 which is based in the Netherlands. The water heating element is not working and I want to replace it. It is 110v - don't know the wattage.
In Europe the standard element physical size seems to need a spanner which is around 3 inches in diameter.
Mine is 36mm A/F.
Can a user of American parts advise me whether the size is proportional to the voltage? Are all 110v heaters 36mm A/F?
I can supply either 230v or 110v and would prefer less than 1 kw.
Where do I obtain an element which is from the States and is certainly 110V and needs a 1 1/2 inch spanner.?
Many thanks in anticipation of your enlightenment.
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Re: water heater elements

Post by Tree »

Mike. I swapped mine out for 240v for uk use. What is the make of the water heater? If it's seaward, that is now owned by whale based in Northern Ireland.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

Last time I replaced a heating element in a marine water heater it used a "standard" heating element (120V) available at a local hardware store.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Post by Tree »

Mike, as it happens my calorifier has just let go - you're welcome to have the element if it's any use as I'm swapping mine out for a stainless steel calorifier now.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.

Return to “36/37/40/43”